Battery life after update 1.7.53

Options
Unknown
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
after updating my runner 2 watch to version 1.7.53 the battery life is still appalling no better than the previous version.
this has rendered my watch useless for a few weeks now ,which is very annoying.
I wish I could return to version 1.3.255 when everything worked.
is it possible to you could give me a link to that older version?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    If you read the forums or do a search you will see this is a known issue for some users with the update. They are working on a patch to be released soon. I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    like this
  • jygjyg
    jygjyg Registered Users Posts: 10
    Legendary Explorer
    If this is true, why do they still release version 1.7.53 with critical bug? Sounds unreasonable.
  • Ashton
    Ashton Registered Users Posts: 11
    Legendary Explorer
  • jimbob_sadler
    jimbob_sadler Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Traveler
    Yes I have exactly the same issue, ran 5k to the pool and the watch died, no chance to record my swim.

TOMTOM PLEASE ISSUES A FIX ASAP, CURRENTLY MY RUNNER CARDIO 2 IS COMPLETELY USELESS
  • Sidhartha Anireddy
    Sidhartha Anireddy Registered Users Posts: 10
    Master Explorer
    Battery of my watch hardly lasts for 30 mins. I have tried the factor resetting option but the problem persists. I have extremely happy with the watch and its batter performance. Before upgrading to 1.7.53 my watch never died on me. This is very frustrating and disappointing. The watch which had become a part of your day to day life is now lying on the desk waiting to be used. Please fix the problem ASAP or provide steps for downgrading the firmware. We are loosing track of our training. Please please please help ASAP.
  • jimbob_sadler
    jimbob_sadler Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Traveler
    Battery of my watch hardly lasts for 30 mins. I have tried the factor resetting option but the problem persists. I have extremely happy with the watch and its batter performance. Before upgrading to 1.7.53 my watch never died on me. This is very frustrating and disappointing. The watch which had become a part of your day to day life is now lying on the desk waiting to be used. Please fix the problem ASAP or provide steps for downgrading the firmware. We are loosing track of our training. Please please please help ASAP.

See this thread "https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/not-able-to-install-runner-3-firmware-v-1-7-53-1028204/index9.html" Jurgen can reset it for you
  • Maxhedrom75
    Maxhedrom75 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Traveler
    I have the same issue, but I've tested "for sure" that is not a battery life problem!! I repeat IS NOT A BATTERY LIFE PROBLEM. To anybody experiencing same BUG, you can test it in this way...

The fact: Randomly, (I have no sync auto activated, but tracking and heart yes...) my watch shows the BATTERY logo, and sometimes after 1 hour, or 2 or 3 or even les than 1h... No scheme detected (at least in my case)... But I have checked an interesting FACT... WHEN I GET BATTERY LOGO, IF I CONNECT IT TO CHARGE, IT UNBLOCKS, AND THEN I'M ABLE TO SEE BATTERY FULL CHARGE. So any time I get the LOGO, just cnnecting charger, in 1 second, you get your watch UNBLOCK, and without charge, you continue working till next BLOCK. So is a software issue without any doubt, and nothing about increased battery consumption. WE JUST NEED NEED ASAP AN UPDATE ABOUT BUG !!!
  • ScottF
    ScottF Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Any news on a fix for this issue? I keep seeing new updates but none of them have fixed the battery issue. I have tried a factory reset to no avail as well.
  • Runkley
    Runkley Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I just purchased a spark music and used it for my commute today, used ~20% battery for the 10 minute cycle. Please let me know when an update is available?