Change Car symbol on the GO 520

ceegee58
ceegee58 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Moved by a Moderator to a new topic from :
https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-x00-x50-series-one-start-ease-xl-xxl-tomtom-home-23/go-520-change-of-car-symbol-1018299

Okay, maybe I'm just blind, but I cannot find the Change Preferences button in the main menu of my GO 520. I've searched and searched...can someone please tell me where it is?

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
     Superuser
    Do you have a new Go 520 WiFi? If so, the functionality isn't there.
  • ceegee58
    Apprentice Seeker
    It is the WiFi version. Why does it not have this functionality I wonder?
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
     Superuser
    Many features on older devices have been eliminated on the newer ones, sadly.
  • ceegee58
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for your response, now I can stop searching...:)
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,833
     Superuser
    Post removed by YFM
  • Inger888
    Inger888 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    REALLY a shame! We bought the Go 600 and found all the good settings missing that we have on the Go 730. So, we gave that to my younger sister. Now since TomTom will no longer even allow us to update our Go 730, we had hoped that TomTom had wised up and given the Go 520 all, or at least some, of the wonderful latitude and features that the 730 has. But NO! So, this Go 520 will be given to some friends of ours and we will go with the GARMIN that my older sister recommends so highly and which has most of the old Go 730 settings.

Good-bye forever TomTom and hello to the better product that is Garmin.
  • Falgorin
    Falgorin Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same with the GO 6200 Wi-Fi, my old Start 25 had more customisation available. I guess I can live without multiple voices, favourites icons etc. even if I prefer not to but NOT having the ability to create custom folders for my POI's is a huge downside. As for the car icon, yes I miss the ability to change that but what I really object to is that the GO 6200 vehicle icon is the same damn colour as the road, how stupid is that?

C'mon TomTom this is a top of the range product, yes it works well, is fast, has a clear easily read screen but vehicle icon and road colour identical!!!! What were you thinking? At the very least give us the option to change the icon colour, better yet give us back the ability to import a custom vehicle icon.
  • Jack44
    Jack44 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Just had to change from my TomTom Go2353 to a new Go520. I miss the easy Main Menu screen with the large icons, so much easier to navigate. Also miss putting my own icons in my POI list.
  • miketorcy
    miketorcy Posts: 3,558
     Superuser
    We wait, we wait!