Bring all data back — TomTom Community

Bring all data back

i-zeroi-zero Posts: 56 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi,

I've just deleted all my running data. How do I bring back?

Thanks.

Comments

• i-zeroi-zero Posts: 56 [Master Explorer]
    Is there no one who know this? Not even the Tomtom people. A bit disappointing.
    My watch still has the data but no showing in my Smartphone app.
    How do I get it to show in my Tomtom Smartphone app again?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,528
    Superusers
    You only asked the question 16 hours ago, how about giving people time to respond? This is a user forum, not Customer Support, so TT response is limited to moderators, not answering questions generally. How did you delete all the data? Did you delete your account? Is it still on the MySports site? If you uninstall and reinstall the app and login with the email that the watch and MySports are registered under it will update the app.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Apologize. I guess I wasn't patient enough. Really excited about TTA. (1) connection problem on my smartphone. (2) is connection problem on my PC.

(1) I deleted my running records in Tomtom Sports in my smartphone under the first tab (Latest). After I deleted my records in the "Latest", I realized that the records in the second tab (Activities) is gone. I thought that the records in the "Latest" is for viewing only. So I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the Tomtom Sports app in my smartphone and sync once more but my running records still didnt show up. Is it possible to get my records back to Tomtom Sports in my smartphone?

(2) Currently I still unable to log in my Mysports on my PC. Every time I tried to connect my Tomtom Sports through Tomtom Sports Connect. My firefox would pop new window and hang. The cpu usage is around 40 to 50%. Not sure what happen here. Still looking a way to connect to my Tomtom account. Any idea what went wrong? I am using Firefox Version 39.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,528
    Superusers
    You can restore them, but you need a computer. I would suggest using Chrome, at least temporarily, as that seem stable with Connect. I am not even sure why Firefox is activating during the Connect sync process.

To force MySports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1. Exit MySports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files:

PC:
    The ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom MySports\{Watch Name}

Apple Devices:
    a. Connect your iOS device to your computer and wait for iTunes to open.
    b. Select your iOS device in the iTunes sidebar.
    c. Select the Apps tab and scroll down to File Sharing.
    d. Select MySports.
    e. The ttbin files are listed on the right hand side.
    f. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer

Android Devices:
    a. In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_MySports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/).
    b. Copy them to your computer

3. Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:
    Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]
    4. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    5. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Thanks @tfarabaugh