Disappointed customer service

dearjeffrey
dearjeffrey Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Bought a Tomtom spark watch and couldn't find heart rate strap anywhere or Tomtom's online store in Australia. Emailed Tomtom customer service and I was told it's out of stock and will not be in stock again. He advised me to either return the watch to the retailer and buy a spark cardio on Tomtom's website (which is not possible as the watch has been opened and updated and there is nothing wrong with the watch) or to purchase a third party heart rate strap. (His exact words in email was " you can even buy a 3rd party external hrm strap for your watch eg: Polar, Viiiva from the 3rd party web site."). So I went to the store and bought a Garmin heart rate strap as it was the only standalone heart rate strap available. Of course it doesn't work. Email tomtom support again, no reply after a week. Called Tomtom support again, the guy on the phone said "did we tell you to buy Garmin heartstrap? no we didn't." His only solution is that telling me to return the used the watch and opened heart rate strap to the retailer and insist it's Australian law that I can return any products even opened and used just because change of mind even there's no fault. I told him this is just not true and requested to speak to a supervisor. He then told me his supervisor is busy and will call me back before the end of the day. Guess what, like other users on the forum said, they never call you back. Tomtom needs to fix their customer support team!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    You can attach any BT HR strap to the watch, Garmin straps are ANT+ only. They should have been more clear. I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,745
    Hi dearjeffrey

I am not sure about availability for a compatible HRM strap with your Spark watch.

I have sent a heads up to the supervisor so he can review the situation and advice accordingly.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Snakebiter71
    Snakebiter71 Registered Users Posts: 26
    Outstanding Explorer
    VikramK wrote:
    Hi dearjeffrey

I am not sure about availability for a compatible HRM strap with your Spark watch.

I have sent a heads up to the supervisor so he can review the situation and advice accordingly.

Regards
    Vikram

............. and that's the last you heard from them ;)