Replacement band

HenrikAhlfors
HenrikAhlfors Registered Users Posts: 29
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Today is day 6 (and I won't receive my replacement band today either, perhaps tomorrow). My band lasted between 2-3 months.
It's kind of obvious that TomTom is aware of the low quality of the current band as they currenly is developing a new one.

1) Why not include a replacement band from start in new products or 2) give the affected users to chose a new color when accidents happen?

Maybe something for TomTom to think about... as this is causing a lot of frustration.

Comments

• Snakebiter71
    Snakebiter71 Registered Users Posts: 26
    Outstanding Explorer
    TomTom don't really care.
    The fact that they are pulling out of the wearables market shows they got it massively wrong.

They are not going to waste anymore money on developing anything for a market they are moving out of.
  • EVA_27
    EVA_27 Registered Users Posts: 34
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    My watch band lasted 18 months, which I consider to be acceptable since I wear the watch all day long. E-mailed TomTom, received an answer within 1 working hour : band will be replaced, shipment will take 5 to 10 working days, which I consider to be quite normal. So I am very happy with the way they handled this. Maybe you consider my expectations are too low, but I can assure you live is a lot easier and a lot more fun when you look at it on the positive side. I have never before had a guarantee case handled so quickly and so smoothly.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi All,

We have an online form now to handle the strap replacement queries. You can just fill up the form in the link here to request a replacement strap: Strap replacement request (This link is available in all locales, just switch the flag at bottom corner)

Cheers,
    lampard
  • HenrikAhlfors
    HenrikAhlfors Registered Users Posts: 29
    Outstanding Explorer
    @EVA_27 When my Garmin strap broke it took 3 days from the call until I had the new strap in my hand.
    5-10 working days is way to long... Hopefully I get my band today (7 days). I hope TomTom improves this process in the future and by the way TomTom required me to take photos of the broken stap (not trusting me?), Garmin did nott require that.
  • Snakebiter71
    Snakebiter71 Registered Users Posts: 26
    Outstanding Explorer
    EVA_27 wrote:
    My watch band lasted 18 months, which I consider to be acceptable since I wear the watch all day long. E-mailed TomTom, received an answer within 1 working hour : band will be replaced, shipment will take 5 to 10 working days, which I consider to be quite normal. So I am very happy with the way they handled this. Maybe you consider my expectations are too low, but I can assure you live is a lot easier and a lot more fun when you look at it on the positive side. I have never before had a guarantee case handled so quickly and so smoothly.

You are right, it best to look on the positive side!

Hopefully you will get the strap delivered to your house, if not see how positive you feel when some stranger receives it :D