Spark 3 and Bluetooth headphones > Android phone

rawkinrich
rawkinrich Registered Users Posts: 21
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi all,

I'm running a marathon on Sunday and I have a question.

I've bought some Bluetooth headphones which work great with my Android phone. If I connect the headphones to the phone, sync the Spark 3 to grab the QuickGPSfix and then begin the run, will the watch keep the Bluetooth alive thus depleting the battery?

I'm not sure how it works however what I don't want to happen is for the battery to run out before my run is complete :)

Any info?

Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    If the headphones are synced to the phone it will have no impact on the watch battery. If you are listening to music off the watch it will have a major impact and the battery will likely last less than 4 hours with music and GPS on.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • rawkinrich
    Outstanding Explorer
    Okay, great.

Another silly question, if I turn sync off on the watch before a long run (just to ensure I preserve battery), is it as simple as turning it back on and then synching the phone when the run is complete?
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Yes. Turn sync on and it will then connect to the phone.
  • rawkinrich
    Outstanding Explorer
    Fantastic, thank you.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.