Airplane mode

Joha
Joha Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
why my fly mode just goes away in the last upgrade?

Comments

• cheekychimp
    cheekychimp Registered Users Posts: 209
     Superuser
    Will speculate and say it was done to create a permanent Bluetooth connection to facilitate phone notifications and to assist with syncing. "Always on" is the buzzword for a lot of gadgets and perhaps it was part of their future plans who knows. Otherwise I'm unsure as to the reasons.
  • AnaDeLisboa
    AnaDeLisboa Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hello everyone,

I too need to know how to activate flight modus after the last update
    as I fly at least once a month over the weekend and need the watch for my sunday long runs.
    Any hint is highly appreciated. Thanks.
  • ebby
    ebby Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    That's all very well, but turning the phone sync off still allows you to listen to music via bluetooth and track via the GPS. So not very airplane friendly.
  • xray79
    xray79 Registered Users Posts: 160
    Renowned Wayfarer
    You can turn the device of via the mysport connect software on a laptop. Go to the wheel icon and hold the shift button while hovering over this wheel icon and you will see the factory reset change to power off. I believe that when you plug the device to a power socket it will power on again.
  • EVA_27
    EVA_27 Registered Users Posts: 34
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    GPS and bluetooth won't be activated if you don't ask for it (by pressing up (for headphones)/right (to start an outdoor activity)), provided you put the sync on manual or off. So yes, your watch can be friends with the airplane, even without the airplane mode.