Using TomTom with mutliple ROMs — TomTom Community

Using TomTom with mutliple ROMs

JamesBankheadJamesBankhead Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have a multiple boot setup on my phone so that I can try new ROMs and easily switch between them. I installed TomTom on one of my ROMs and downloaded the map of Europe, which was saved to my SD card. Everything worked as it should. I then switched to another ROM, installed TomTom there, but when I tried to open it I got a message saying that I had no internet connection. I did have an internet connection. The same thing happened when I tried to install it on the third ROM. It is still working fine on the first ROM where I installed it.

Could anyone please tell me if it is possible to have TomTom working on all three ROMs, all using the same map that was saved on the SD card? I know that maps are registered to work with one device and cannot be transferred to another device, but it is the same phone, just different ROMs.

Comments

• AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @JamesBankhead,

Why would you want to install TomTom Go 3 times????
    I bet your phone is rooted in order to have multiple boot.
    TomTom does not support rooted phones.

User's have enough problems with have one version of Android on their phone.
    Much less 3 different versions of android.....

To me you are just asking for problems of one type or another.....
  • JamesBankheadJamesBankhead Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, of course it is rooted, and my iPhone is jailbroken. I am one of those people who like to have full control of their devices.

Of course, I don't actually need to have TomTom on three ROMs simultaneously. I was just asking if it was possible, and if not, why not. I can run Sygic from the three ROMs using the one set of Sygic maps on the SD card, ditto for Here We Go, so why not TomTom?
  • jgmoreno75jgmoreno75 Posts: 51 [Apprentice Traveler]
    it's an inexpensive excuse. TomTom does not support rooted phones neither normal phones.
    I have 3 rooted phones and 4 not rooted phones and the problem is the same: No traffic, no speed camera since v1.11.

My case still open 4 mouth later without solution.

I prefer other apps yet.

Regards.
    @jgmoreno75,

Your saying that all 7 smartphones using TomTomGo do not show traffic or speed cams.

I find it very hard to believe that none of your smartphones can get TomTomGo to work correctly.

I have tested the free version on a number of different versions of Android.

From Samsung, Acer, Asus both smartphones and tablets.

Some even rooted.....

They all have worked.

That has included all versions of TomTom from v1.11 to 1.17

I can understand you saying that one or two smartphones give you problems but all of them?????
    @jgmoreno75,

Traffic problems and connecting to the TomTom server

Plus you need to make sure you have Traffic item turned on.
    See screen shot
    694763c4-4c2a-4797-8b21-82b1e9e2aecc.jpg

And you have a google email account for it to work.

I have tested it and removed my email account from my smartphone.
    When you do that Traffic will not work and you can not download any maps.

I put my email account back on and check to make sure I have Traffic marked.

I checked the map traffic showed up again.
    Also the downloads worked that you could connect to the server.

c1c4575e-4dd2-4c1c-a30f-6b6d857fc4e9.jpg

As you can see traffic is working.......
  • jgmoreno75jgmoreno75 Posts: 51 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It is not work for us. All mobiles belong to 4 different people with 3 different telephone providers. We all have the same problem.

- V1.11 AND EARLY - OK.
    - V1.12 AND LATER - KO.

I neither understand nor I see logic.
    Regards.