Progress bar lost on the TomTom Sports app — TomTom Community

Progress bar lost on the TomTom Sports app

MarjoMMarjoM Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
In the Tom Tom sports app I have lost the progress bar when it is syncing.
Consequently I cannot sync my watch to my phone.
What can I do to get it back. I have an iPhone 7 plus.

Comments

• cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209 Superusers
    If you on firmware 1.6.26 or 1.7.53 you may be having a syncing problem that is not the fault of the Sports App but probably a fault in the latest firmware version. Tom Tom are aware of this and working on a fix. It's best to use your docking cable in the meantime.
  • MarjoMMarjoM Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you for your reply. I don’t think this is the case. I clicked dismiss in the right top corner by mistake that’s why it disappeared. Just don’t know how to get it back.
    Maybe it is just an information card that disappeared. When you dismiss it - it will dissapear, and may only return when your "progress" has changed? Eg: You may receive an information card telling you your current Fitness Age and you dismiss that, it will only ever appear again when your Fitness Age actually changes. Otherwise dig deeper into the app itself and you may find the information permanently elsewhere in the menu's.
    Yes. That’s exactly it. The information card with the sync bar has indeed disappeared and I can’t find it anymore. When I push the button on my phone it doesn’t sync anymore. I’ll dig deeper and will try to find out how to get it back. Very annoying. Thanks for your help anyway.
    I meant push the button on my watch.
    Ok you got me confused as the subject of your topic mentions ".. Sports App". Looks like you talking about the watch itself.

On your watch go to Settings>Phone>Manage>Syncing then choose ON/OFF/MANUAL. If you cannot find Settings>Phone>Manage then it means you have not paired your watch to the phone before - or it could mean that you lost your pairing via a factory reset or a recent firmware upgrade. If you have no pairing then you will only see Settings>Phone>Pair New.

Remember to have a successful sync - you must pair first.
    Hi again. Sorry about the confusion. I am talking about the app on my phone. Phone and watch are paired correctly. Please see attached a screenshot of what I mean. Before On this page, I could sync manually by pushing the button on my watch. You saw a sync bar at the top of the page and all my activities and summary would appear. Now the sync bar has disappeared and I can't sync manually anymore. It now seems to sync automatically once or twice a day and the info is very much delayed. As you can see it says that it gives today's summary ( from about an hour ago). This is however totally wrong. What you see is the summary from early this morning. Today summary so far ( 19:00h) should say 4000 steps and 3 km. Plus it is also not showing my activities from this day. It will eventually correct itself, but it won't happen until many hours later, sometimes even tomorrow morning. Very frustrating. I hope I have made my problem a little clearer this way.
    Yes the attachment explains your problem much clearer now!
    You have a big "X" on top of the right corner of the sceen.
    I would suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Tom Tom Sports App (the latest one available).
    See if that helps.
  • DorsetgirlDorsetgirl Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, did you solve the problem as it’s just happened to me when I inadvertently clicked dissmis too? My now won’t sync.
  • milkemilke Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So far anyone else that comes across this (I had the same issue)...
    1. Uninstall then reinstall the app on your phone
    2. On your watch, go to Phone > Manage > Syncing > Off
    3. Then pair new device via the app and the phone
    My last 18 months data was still stored in the app.
  • AnnaSpannaAnnaSpanna Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, I have come across this thread because I have the same issue but cannot resolve it. I follow the instructions above and all looks good until the pairing. My watch comes up with the number to pair to the device but the app gets stuck in the “connecting” phase and doesn’t ever find the watch. It doesn’t make it to the “Pair” instruction.

i have deleted the app and reinstalled it about ten times over the past 24 hours. Ive turned the iPhone off and on again, rebooted it, and yet nothing.

My watch still syncs to my iPad. It’s just the watch app where I’ve inadvetendly deleted the sync bar where it refuses to sync.

tomtom customer support recommended I reset ALL network info. That will leave me having to reinput every single WiFi i connect to regularly, plus lots more so I really don’t want to do that.

Anyone got any other advice / solutions?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,907 Superusers
    AnnaSpanna wrote:
    Hi, I have come across this thread because I have the same issue but cannot resolve it. I follow the instructions above and all looks good until the pairing. My watch comes up with the number to pair to the device but the app gets stuck in the “connecting” phase and doesn’t ever find the watch. It doesn’t make it to the “Pair” instruction.

i have deleted the app and reinstalled it about ten times over the past 24 hours. Ive turned the iPhone off and on again, rebooted it, and yet nothing.

My watch still syncs to my iPad. It’s just the watch app where I’ve inadvetendly deleted the sync bar where it refuses to sync.

tomtom customer support recommended I reset ALL network info. That will leave me having to reinput every single WiFi i connect to regularly, plus lots more so I really don’t want to do that.

Anyone got any other advice / solutions?
    Did you remove the watch from the phone's BT settings menu before trying to pair again. You must do this whenever you reinstall the app or reset the watch.
    Hi tfarabaugh
    thecwatch says it’s connected ( the little icon on the watch screen), but it isn’t listed in the phone’s Bluetooth connections. So I can’t remove it!
  • tnollestnolles Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here. No sync bar anymore. As far as I know I did not delete it, it just did disappear. It only syncs a few times a day (or not). It is now 16:40 local time and it only synced this morning at 09:15h. Watch firmware is 1.7.64. and I try to sync with an iPhone 7.
    AnnaSpanna wrote:
    Hi tfarabaugh
    thecwatch says it’s connected ( the little icon on the watch screen), but it isn’t listed in the phone’s Bluetooth connections. So I can’t remove it!

Anyone able to help with this? It's getting really annoying.