M17 Ennis to Tuam- Updates on map changes — TomTom Community

M17 Ennis to Tuam- Updates on map changes

Still2coolStill2cool Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Map quality
Hi, Does anyone know... Are the TomTom updates available yet for the Ennis to Tuam bypass with the M6 to M17 interface at Athenry? if you've downloaded or know this new road is available to download could you please let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• Still2coolStill2cool Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Or if you know when the updated roadmap for the M17 is available ..?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,881
    Superuser
    @Still2cool

In the light of past history of how TomTom implement major road schemes, it is unlikely that this road will be on our devices until Q2 2018 (v 1010)

Also according to this http://www.irishmotorwayinfo.com/inex/roads/ the road open 3 months early
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,031
    Superusers
    No, it's not in the latest (v995) map yet. I don't know when it will be available, perhaps in the v1000 map in a few months.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,881
    Superuser
    @Megalos

As it only opened on the 27th September, I bet TomTom has not sent it's survey vans down it yet! ;)

Maybe @Robbiebot can confirm
  • RobbiebotRobbiebot Posts: 197
    Hi Still2cool,

After checking from one of our Irish maps experts, I can confirm that the majority of new road geometries have indeed been captured.

However, the early opening of this motorway does throw a bit of a curve-ball. It is worth checking in after our November release to see if the motorway is released, but there is indeed a possibility that i might only be available in our February release next year.

My apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind Regards,
  • castromdcastromd Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    6 months since the last update to this thread, has this new road been added yet?