New update gives me a new screen — TomTom Community

New update gives me a new screen

ChrsAndradeChrsAndrade Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
Hi, I have just updated my Tomtom Runner 2 watch and now when I press left, what used to show me my step count now shows a screen I have never seen before. I'm sure it is something added in the update but I have no idea what it is? Can anyone help? It shows a horizontal line with a little flag on it on the right hand side and then underneath it says 'get going'. (I can still get my step count etc I just have to go down once I am on this new screen).

Thanks

Comments

• ChrsAndradeChrsAndrade Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    I have just noticed mine has done the same. I presume it will keep the date updated when we plug the watch in to a computer.

I have also just noticed that in the goal section there is now 'points', which I think is what this new screen is. I have re-selected steps as my goal and this new screen is at the bottom of my daily tracker stuff. But I have no idea what points are??
  • shupdoodshupdood Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    You have to re update your watch it worked for my sat nav
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169 Superusers
    A key part of the latest update was the addition of Fitness Point, which are an indicator of progress in your physical fitness. All activities are assigned a fitness point score based on how long you spend in Zone 2 and above. The more active you are the more points you get, The goal is to average 100 points a day or 500 points a week to improve your fitness. Here is a full description:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/sports-connect-apps-website-389/tomtom-sports-launches-fitness-age-and-personalised-workouts-1027245

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • PierreRUNNER2PierreRUNNER2 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello everybody ! I newcomer on this forum. I'm the owner of a Runner 2 and I had update (new 1.6.26)my Runner2 to the last firmware . And it seems that l've got the same pb :It shows a horizontal line with a little flag on it on the right hand side and then underneath it says 'get going'.
    Do think that a reset could solve the PB ? Or a downgrade ?:?
  • cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209 Superusers
    PierreRUNNER2, a new screen on a firmware update is not an error. The new screen you seeing is the "Fitness Points" screen. But if you prefer to not see it immediately on a left press of the button - you must change your setting to something other than Settings > Tracker > Goals > Points.

To solve the "PB" - try to do a HR based activity. The "Get Going" will change to "Active" or "Improving" or "Overddrive" and you will see a number other than the "0" you probably concerned about. This will happen everyday. This screen is a summary/reminder to get going.
    ayahel1.

The thread title of this post is "New update gives me a new screen" by the author ChrsAndrade.

I am not a Tom Tom Forum Moderator, but please consider creating your own thread title post as you have gone completely off topic and your/our comments may just confuse a lot of other forum users, who have come to this particular post looking for answers to their problems. If you create your own thread title post you may just get Tom Toms attention for your "Date issue".
  • ayahel1ayahel1 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Ya, you right
    ChrsAndrade, if your post has been answered to your satisfaction, please consider marking your post as solved.
  • ChrsAndradeChrsAndrade Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Wow! This escalated quickly!

In hindsight, I should have just waited a little before posting my topic, I managed to figure it out with a little research. Thanks for the help though guys.

If I may pop in my opinion on the DATE issue...! I, like many others here, can not understand why ayahel1 is so mad at the fact the DATE setting option has gone. The date is set every time you connect the watch to a computer, and then you never need to change it and if you never need to change it there is no need for an option that lets you do that.

Cheers everyone.
  • ayahel1ayahel1 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi ChrsAndrade,
    I will respond to your DATE related question on the other post.
    Cheers