TOMTOM replacement and Customer service — TomTom Community

TOMTOM replacement and Customer service

YigitCYigitC Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I bought 2 TomTom Runner Cardio. one of Screen Glass was broken ..We mailed with Customer service.They said I can not replace or repair my screen glass. because TOMTOM doesn't have..TOMTOM offered me 20%off to buy a new watch.
I said that I would like to send it to you back, Even I can not use it...TOMTOM didn't answer.
Can you think you buy a car, the car glass is broken, Car Company says that I cant repair and Car company offers you to buy a new car for just glass.
And If you buy your TOMTOM from Amazon, Amazon offers 3-year replacement warranty and please read the attachment, They says that they can repair and replace. Even I bought my watch from Amazon, And Even I am ready to pay the repair fee..But TOMTOM try to behave more than customer by offering a new watch to buy.
Customer service never answers my emails too.
As Long-time TomTom customer , I will feedback everywhere disappointedly.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,643
    Superusers
    What you are buying from Amazon is an insurance policy from a third party, not from TT and that will not cover broken glass either. It clearly states product breakdowns and malfunctions, and your dropping the watch and cracking the screen does not fall under that (which is why it is not covered by warranty). It is a bit ridiculous to compare a $200 watch to a $30,000 car but if you broke your car windshield they would not fix it for free or let you return it, they would charge you a hefty fee to fix it, which they can do because the windshield is an easily replaceable part, which the screen on the watch is not. It is molded into the plastic and would require the entire watch to be replaced essentially.

As to not responding to emails, I would take a direct approach and pick up a phone and call them. Emails can be overlooked, unlike a live person. If you ask nicely they may do more for you, but if you go in with the attitude you have in this post, i would not expect to get any more. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • YigitCYigitC Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    1) Who told I bought them from Third parties?? Go Amazon . check then , comment.

2) If you are manufacturer, if you are exporter or/and importer, you have to supply all parts of your manufacture. You said that my sample is ridicoulus ,, It was sample to understand easy ..I meant about the rule of manufacturer.. Please be careful when commenting..Think twice.
    Screen glass is main part of TOMTOM watch.. They cant replace with the repair fee. I was ready to pay it.

3) Think twice. If you buy yoru watch, The glass that it can be replaced was broken..TOMTOM offers you to buy new one. That is so funny, That means that TOMTOM never takes serious to Customers .
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,643
    Superusers
    All Amazon extended warranties are through a third party insurer, it is right there in the image you posted. Square Trade is offering the protection, not Amazon or TomTom. and they have no in with TomTom, they are just counting on selling more plans than they have to fulfill to make money over all, that is how insurance works. So please go back to Amazon, back, then comment.

And it is not that easy to replace parts. TomTom does not own their own manufacturing, they are not big enough. They contract out to factories that build the units for them. They do not have a big enough market or supply chain to have repair centers set up. It is simply cheaper for them to replace broken watches then repair them. They are not going to repair your watch, they are actually going to replace it with a new one.

It is not that they don't take their customers seriously, they have a warranty with terms and conditions and a customer breaking the glass is not covered by it. If the GPs chip failed or the HR monitor stopped working, it would be covered as these are manufacturer defects. Broken glass is not.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0