Sports App not syncing my Adventurer after update to 1.6.26 — TomTom Community

Sports App not syncing my Adventurer after update to 1.6.26

KillBillKillBill Posts: 11 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
When I upgrade my TomTom Adventurer to the new software update (1.6.26) it stops syncing with the Android app.

It recognizes the watch, asks me to wake it up, but never sync... keeps showing "preparing to sync". See images.

If I reset the watch to factory, it starts syncing fine.

7f2e4c3d-11cf-4e05-89fb-3b6db0eb9f57.jpg

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,812
    Superusers
    So you are saying the problem was solved with a factory reset? if so, it was likely a bad firmware install. If it is fixed there is nothing else to resolve.
  • KillBillKillBill Posts: 11 [Outstanding Explorer]
    No... I again update the software in my watch, and same issue. Why do you say it's faulty firmware install? The watch works perfectly fine.
    Superusers
    There could have been an issue with installing the update that caused that piece to fail while the rest of the watch is fine. You said "If I reset the watch to factory, it starts syncing fine.", so is it syncing fine after the reset or not?
    I have done the update twice now... not sure why would firmware update would fail just for the syncing. Yes reset makes it fine, but I want to update the firmware so that I can utilize the fitness age features... but the update makes it loose the sync with the app.
  • icemacicemac Posts: 199 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi,

I have same problem like Yours :( and many users have pairing or connection problems.
    The bast solution is sending log files from Sports App:

In the Sports app go to Manage -> settings > Feedback > Report a Problem ( make sure include app usage is checked)

Cheers, Maciek
    Yes, have done that. Thanks!
    All,

Happy to report that there is a beta software 1.7.60 update which you can request by contacting TT support. I have been using it for past one week and more, and it resolves the syncing problem. I have been able to connect my watch consistently for over a week now, so pretty sure it works. Do not know when will they release it to public though... so you might be better off asking for it directly from them. I they have to point your watch to the new update, so next time you connect via PC it would prompt you to update.

Regards
  • q345456q345456 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    im having a similar problem, repeatedly with failure to sync.
    1. my phone & watch are physically right next to each other.
    2. the watch says it is connected to the phone
    3. the phone says it is connected to the watch
    4. i “wake up” the watch by pressing down from the clock screen
    5. i pull down the app screen to search for the watch
    6. the watch says it can’t find the phone
    What the f is going on

i repeat those steps multiple times over 30 - 40 minutes with no success.

i “unpair” the watch from the phone

i re-pair the watch with the phone.

I try steps 1 - 6 above, sometimes it syncs, sometimes it doesn’t. I’m getting so fed up with this stupid watch
  • MartinusNLMartinusNL Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same sh1t here, the syncing is a real problem.
    It gives me nice info from incoming calls etc, but fails to sync my biketrail or whatever at the moment I want it.
    Stupid thing is, if I let it be some days, wearing and using it. It has suddenly syned the activity and is in my dashboard.
    Als this morning, 4x and then finally the sync is completed.

what I really do not understand, that TT is not doing shit at this problem. The sw from a year ago was fine, syncing wise, but lacked some other good stuff, like auto pause.
    I do not like to switch again.
    Superusers
    MartinusNL wrote:
    Same sh1t here, the syncing is a real problem.
    It gives me nice info from incoming calls etc, but fails to sync my biketrail or whatever at the moment I want it.
    Stupid thing is, if I let it be some days, wearing and using it. It has suddenly syned the activity and is in my dashboard.
    Als this morning, 4x and then finally the sync is completed.

what I really do not understand, that TT is not doing shit at this problem. The sw from a year ago was fine, syncing wise, but lacked some other good stuff, like auto pause.
    I do not like to switch again.
    TomTom left the wearables market and laid off their Sports division so there is not really anyone to fix it. Syncing works fine for most people so yours is an edge case they will likely never address. If it bothers you enough you should consider switching to a another brand.