Purchased map doesn't work on my Carminat TomTom device Renault Megane Scenic — TomTom Community

Purchased map doesn't work on my Carminat TomTom device Renault Megane Scenic

YuriiYurii Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
Good evening.

I have a Renault Megane Scenic 2012 with Carminat TomoTom Live built-in GPS device.
Today I bought a map of Central and Eastern Europe through TomTom home app. It successfully downloaded but it doesn't available through my built-in Carminat TomTom Live GPS navigator. It's just told me there is no map. I used 8 GB SD card. Just copied TomTom files from the original one SD card (2GB with France map only) to the new clear bigger SD card. So I followed the instructions, there is was a step when I go to the car put the SD card with freshly uploaded map. I switched GPS on then it just turned off. Then I put SD card again to my laptop and TomTom Home just finished map installation. So for now I cant use the newly purchased map. How to make it work or how to get a refund. Ready to provide video or any other evidence.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,309
    Superusers
    Is there an option to Manage maps--switch maps on that device? What if you do a drum reset by holding the power button about 20 sec till you hear the drum sounds (unless the device has a dedicated reset hole)?
  • YuriiYurii Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    dhn wrote:
    Is there an option to Manage maps--switch maps on that device? What if you do a drum reset by holding the power button about 20 sec till you hear the drum sounds (unless the device has a dedicated reset hole)?

Unfortunately there is no option to choose a map. It's even impossible to set the clock on GPS without the card with working maps

Will try to reset device tomorrow. Anyway thanks for your reply
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 989 [Revered Pioneer]
    dhn there is no reset facility on the built in Carminat, only factory reset by menu using touchscreen or bluetooth remote control.

Yurii did you create the second SD card properly? You have to initialise it in the car before going to the computer and before copying the files from the original card.
  • fritzwalterfritzwalter Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. I bought blank 8 GB SD card, inserted in the built in Carminat TomTom Live, then downloaded from the web the maps with TomTom Home to the SD card on PC, but when I inserted again the SD card in the Carminat TomTom in the car, then I could not select from 3 available maps with Menu/Set navigation button.