Phone notifications on Spark — TomTom Community

Phone notifications on Spark

Ale67Ale67 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi,

I've updated my Spark, enabled phone notifications both in the watch settings and in the app, but my watch doesn't show any notifications.

Thank you
Alessandro

Comments

• micdkmicdk Posts: 24 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Same problem, on Iphone with latest IOS.
  • HamphletHamphlet Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can only echo that I have the same problem with my Android phone. I understand that it may only be basic texts which will come through, but I've had no luck with those either. The watch shows as connected and I have it on permanent sync with alerts set to on.
  • dayssedaysse Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    Works for me, at least for texts it does. I had to turn on synchronisation in the watch settings before the phone app settings were active. Motorola x style running android 7.0
  • dr_koendr_koen Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem on Iphone 6 with latest IOS. no incomming calls or text/sms message
  • dmsellersdmsellers Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I'm at about 15% success rate of text notifications.
  • cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209
    Superusers
    Unfortunately - some text/calls will not come through when your phone is busy syncing/updating the quick gps. The Android Notifications will be "greyed out" in the app to remind you of this.

Also remember it's best to use the latest Tom Tom Sports v8.0.3 (Build 527) for your 1.6.26 firmware.
  • Ale67Ale67 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    In my App, the Android Notifications are always "Greyed out"
    Superusers
    Ale67 wrote:
    In my App, the Android Notifications are always "Greyed out"
    Ensure you using the very latest Sports App.
    Ensure your data connection is on for your phone.
  • xray79xray79 Posts: 160 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    It will only work with the standard text messages so no whatsapp, messenger etc.
    You can test this by sending text messages to yourself. In general it works for me but i prefer battery life over this so i have it disabled, will try to test it later.
  • Ale67Ale67 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Finally it works!! I've a problem with WIFi connection, it block Sports App. I try with 4G connection and I recieve phone notifications.
    Thank you very much
  • FinnkFinnk Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I get a message coming up immediately as it comes through - but how do I read all of it - and where is it stored? (iPhone 6, iOS10.1.1)
    Superusers
    It's implemented as a "flash message". You cannot scroll or interact with the message (or incoming call). It's not stored on your watch. If you miss it - you miss it.... if you read slow - it's gone...
    OK, thanks.
    So I can only see the first x words in the message, and not the full message...
    Superusers
    Yes only one screen's worth of text can be seen. If your message is longer you cannot see the rest of it.
    Thanks. So it's an abbreviated Snapchat.

That has its uses though. Nice update.
  • LFRMatosLFRMatos Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, notifications not working either... Iphone 6S (IOS 11.0.1)... enable on watch and phone. Factory reset, several times.
  • HamphletHamphlet Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Further to yesterdays post I ended up re pairing my watch with the phone (ZTE Axon 7 with Android Nougat). This then took me down a new path where the app asked for additional permissions to access texts and contacts etc and eventually set itself up to transmit alerts to the watch. Following on from this we now have lift off. It took a while and none of this is particularly clear. I'd also like to say that it's a fairly rudimentary service which flags up only calls and basic texts. No other messages (whatsapp, viper, messenger, email etc) are catered for. Having said that, it's a move in the right direction and I'm happy with some of the other improvements this latest update has brought. Too soon to assess the impact of the bluetooth being constantly on on the battery life. We'll see how that goes. This may just be enough to make me keep hold of my Spark a little bit longer. The Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro has been looking awfully tempting recently. Especially with those offline Spotify playlists.
  • ZuzanaKZuzanaK Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    It does not work properly. I saw one alert of incoming call, only once. Nothing else since then
  • SubhakarSubhakar Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Incase of the android os, go to Settings --> Apps --> Sports (tomtom app) --> permission and make sure that the app has permissions to phone and sms.
  • Johhnmy8Johhnmy8 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I was about to sell my watch, but now with the phone notifications i am happy to keep it for a bit longer. Would be excellent to include third party messengers and be able to use the buttons to scroll down and read the rest of the message.
  • FLBR001FLBR001 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I receive the flash messages on my watch, but my phone (Nokia 5) is no longer receiving the text message. Very annoying :(
  • Mk8Mk8 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hey FLBR001 also on Nokia 5 (new phone) and just logged issue as my watch receives first txt and phone never does. All subsequent messages from that person are fine though. Sounds like a similar issue to yours. Feature was working fine on my old phone.
  • FLBR001FLBR001 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Mk8,

Sorry for the late reply.
    Looks indeed like a similar problem. Did you log the issue at TomTom?
    In my case, One flash message was received on my watch and afterwards , for that contact, messages were no longer received at all. I disabled the feature and I contacted my phone carrier because the problem remained. They did a complete reset of my phone on their network and now the text messages come in again. Therefore I am wondering if the problem is coming from the watch, the phone or both.
  • Mk8Mk8 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hey yes have logged with TomTom and also quoted your issue as back up as they initially said they hadn't had any other issues reported. I have not changed my phone carrier or sim. Only my phone and my OS (and the TomTom app is for Android not iphone now). I haven't quite the same issue. Mine is that I seem to 'lose' the first message from the sender once the phone is connected and then after that all subsequent messages and calls from them come in fine. So it's sort of working but it's those lost alerts that are the problem. It seems to be affecting senders from both Iphone and Android phones but I can't be absolutely sure if it is the first message only or if it's more random and just appears that way :/
  • Laurendp92Laurendp92 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi. Does your runner 3 have smartphone notification yet? It's been how many years. And your loyalty customers are still waiting