Phone notifications on Spark — TomTom Community

Phone notifications on Spark

Chas1203Chas1203 Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
What sort of phone notifications should I be expecting?
Also, automatic syncing seems to drain the battery so I set it to manual and it got to a few % and froze. I had to put it back to automatic syncing to update my
Phone.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,339
    Superusers
    You will be alerted for texts and phone calls, but only if you use the native text and phone apps, no Facebook Messenger, What's App, or third party phone apps. I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • NoctuolaNoctuola Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is it possible to disable phone notifications? I honestly can't imagine why I would want my watch to notify me of texts and phone calls while I'm out running and I'm not going to install the update if there's no way to prevent it from doing so.
  • cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209
    Superusers
    Yes you can disable phone notifications.

Settings > Phone > Manage > Alerts > OFF
    or
    Settings > Phone > Manage > Syncing > OFF/MANUAL
  • cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209
    Superusers
    ... And another obvious way is to simply run very far away from your phone ;)
  • NoctuolaNoctuola Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes you can disable phone notifications.

Settings > Phone > Manage > Alerts > OFF
    or
    Settings > Phone > Manage > Syncing > OFF/MANUAL

Thanks, that's good to know!
  • TeiTei Posts: 44 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    This automatic syncing is a disaster. (Who wants it anyway?) Too often I forget to turn it off and then it completely drains the battery. It is not fun to wake up to go for a run a morning run and find the battery completely empty. I wish the "manual" syncing would work, but it does not. Anyone know if an update/upgrade will be coming soon that fixes these syncing problems that came with the recent version update?