GO mobile app crashes after update- Android — TomTom Community

GO mobile app crashes after update- Android

MarcoRMarcoR Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
this is the fourth time that tomtom go crashes after an update.
Edge S7 after a update the app won't start anymore, i have to delete the app, inclusive all the data (maps etc)
install it again and re-configure everything

In the Dutch forum nobody had an answer, maybe here?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Marco,

Do you have the app installed an SD card or in the internal memory? Is it always crashing at the same point? Could you describe the situation, please?

Please, also mention the Android version on your phone.

Thanks, Mikko
  • MarcoRMarcoR Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    it is on the main memory, not on the sd card
    starting 2 or 3 times, then it gives an error etc

ihave to remove the program, delete all the files manually and reinstall everything
  • caped coddercaped codder Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same thing here. The app is stuck on the "loading app" screen. Uninstall/reinstall, manually removing software, reboot haven't worked. I've used the app many times on this phone. Moto X Pure Edition running 6.0.
    did work for me, reinstall the wgole Tomtom
    last android update dit crash it also, after 2 days a new update and is working again.... till next tomtom update?
  • caped coddercaped codder Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Glad it worked for you. I forgot to mention, I'm installed on the main memory, not SD card.
    here also on the main memory, but i hand delete all the files after de-installation, otherwise it won't work
    with a filebrowser i delete all the tom tom directories. then install the package and maps. even have to sign in and unlock the program