TomTom Runner 2 watch paired with TomTom headphones music playback jumps about. — TomTom Community

TomTom Runner 2 watch paired with TomTom headphones music playback jumps about.

Tweeky40Tweeky40 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
TomTom running 2 watch paired with TomTom headphones music playback jumps about. I have had this problem for a while. I have updated several times hoping this would resolve the problem. But problem has not been fixed.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,339
    Superusers
    Are you wearing the watch on the same side of the body as the antenna in the headphones (it will be whatever side the controls are on)? Reception issues are generally from the watch not being on the same side of the body as the headphone antenna. With the headphones with the controls on the right, the watch needs to be on the right. On the ones on the left, the watch needs to be on the left and the control pod needs to hang a bit loose, don't have the neck strap cinched up tight. The watch has a small power supply so it transmits a weaker signal than a phone or tablet so it is very sensitive to position. It really needs to be on the same side of the body as the antenna so your body doesn't block the signal. There are numerous factors that affect playback quality: the placement of the antenna in the headphones, the strength of the antenna, the strength of the signal produced by the watch (which is limited by transmission standards), the environment it is used in (which determines how much signal is lost versus bounced back to the headphones), battery strength of the headphones, etc.. You also need to look at how many layers you are wearing. If you have multiple layers of clothes on it will also block the signal. The only thing a user can really impact is the location of the watch relative to the antenna headphone and how much layers they are wearing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Tweeky40Tweeky40 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    First, thanks for the detailed response. I did have the watch and the controls on the same side which was my left hand side. I have had another run since your reply with the same problem. I have been moving my hand position around with varying success. What I tried was to loop the control under itself causing the control to stick out 90 degrees from my head, now on the left hand side. There was some improvement, but my run had come to an end. So I will try again next time. I have tried the watch, headphones indoor with no problems and even been in another room from the watch and still picked up the watch without any problems. When I start my run I have no problems settings up indoors, But as soon as I leave the house and start moving the problem starts.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,339
    Superusers
    It will always be better indoors as there are many more surfaces to reflect the signal back to the headphones. The watch transmits omni-directionally so much of the signal is lost outdoors. If they are the headphones with the controls on a pod on the wire itself, make sure the strap is a bit loose so the pod is not pressed tight to your head. If it hangs loose a bit it generally gets better reception.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.