Should I update to 1.6.26? — TomTom Community

Should I update to 1.6.26?

TeebobeeboTeebobeebo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
I'm seeing a lot of issues being reported on here with the recent update 1.6.26 - particularly impacting battery life. Are the majority of users having issues or are most people's watches performing okay? I don't want to be charging my watch every couple of hours. Thanks.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,339
    Superusers
    The users with battery issues are in the minority. Remember all you are seeing are the negative posts here, not the ones without problems, as they have no reason to come here. Once offered you can skip it, but after 3 times you will be forced to accept the update so you might as well take it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • TeebobeeboTeebobeebo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Hi TF - thanks for the reply. Absolutely - we're only seeing the negative posts - which is why I wrote this post as I'm trying to get a feel for the overall outcomes - not just the negatives. However, I did not realise I will be forced to accept the update - thanks for that info. I might not sync with my computer for a while!!
  • BernsterBernster Posts: 20 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Well you would be negative too if your watch was buggered up by the update !
  • jmbsmt63jmbsmt63 Posts: 13 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I, personally, have had no trouble with the update. The additional features are welcome and the battery life is the same.
    I do not/will not use any phone notifications so maybe that could affect battery life?
  • HenrikAhlforsHenrikAhlfors Posts: 29 [Outstanding Explorer]
    One of the highlights of this release is to show incoming calls/sms. The only problem is that theirs a battery drain issue. My Spark3 last for like 2 days instead of 6-7 so I turned it off. Same goes for fitness points, I don't see the point of this feature compared to "stress level" feature that competitors have launched. But thats my opinion.

However! A good thing is that sync with app is much smoother now.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback here!

There are indeed various factors that bear an effect on the battery life. The phone notifications feature uses a permanent Bluetooth® connection, which has an effect on the battery life. For more information, please see

Watch battery losing charge too quickly

Cheers, Mikko
  • MrSlick2MrSlick2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi all,

Similar issues - unable to pair my watch with Android phone. Was working fine on previous version of watch software.
    Watch provides pairing pin - Android app fails to respond with pin entry fields, then comms times out.
  • icemacicemac Posts: 199 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi,

Please send log files from Sports application:

In the Sports app go to: Manage -> Edit Profile -> Account. Tap the text "Changing your account settings affects..." text at the top of the screen 5 times, and you can then email the application logs to the DevTeam.
  • Rob HeemskerkRob Heemskerk Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    FYI: The issue with battery lifetime seems to be a software bug. A fully charged watch will stop functioning and shows an empty battery in the display after a few hours (just showing the time, no activity being performed). When the watch is connected to a charger/computer for only a second or two and then disconnected the watch can be used again (for a few hours). The battery status indicator will show a nearly full battery. What is to be expected.
  • madmausmadmaus Posts: 65 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I see so much users on this forum with problems that I decided to wait with the upgrade. I just don't connect it with my computer till the syncing and battery problems are resolved.
  • pedromsouzapedromsouza Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    Autopause is not working after update. Just synced and noticed that the average speed was much lower than Strava's. When I looked at the speed charts, I noticed that it didn't consider the pauses as it used to do.
  • cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209
    Superusers
    MrSlick2 wrote:
    Hi all,

Similar issues - unable to pair my watch with Android phone. Was working fine on previous version of watch software.
    Watch provides pairing pin - Android app fails to respond with pin entry fields, then comms times out.

Since the upgrade to 1.6.26 I have the exact same problem with my Runner 2 Cardio refusing to pair on any device (including my work colleagues newish Samsung S7). Funny enough my Runner 2 Music pairs easily on those same devices (including my work colleagues).

I sent my logs via the app.

Please send yours - so that Tom Tom is aware of your problem - as the forum here is just a place to comment.

To report a problem go to Sports App>Settings>Feedback>Report a problem (remember to include anonymous app usage data)>Send.
  • xtremeroxxtremerox Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem after updating to 1.6.26 with my oneplus 3t on android. Tried reinstalling the app, made sure the watch is removed from the bluetooth device list, did revert to factory settings on the watch, and still no avail. pairing code pops up right away on the watch, but my phone keeps saying connecting..
  • TeebobeeboTeebobeebo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    The answer is 'no' - no I shouldn't have updated.

My review: advantages - the watch responds much much quicker than 1.3.255. Gets a GPS more quickly. Button presses are immediate. Getting phone and text notifications is great (when it happens)

Disadvantages: battery drain is significant. When I wake up every morning, the watch is dead.
    Phone notifications are hit and miss - not every call or text is picked up.
    Sync with phone is also now a bit hit and miss.

I love tomtom and I love my watch - so I'm a bit disappointed overall.
  • MrSlick2MrSlick2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi cheeky chimp,

Thanks - I have reported the issue and sent the logs.
  • Travlebeer40Travlebeer40 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Lots of problems after update, first paring with Iphone impossible, now problems with connecting my bluetooth headset. :-(
    Is it possible deleting last update?