Speed camera bar on Go Mobile App — TomTom Community

Speed camera bar on Go Mobile App

cruiZercruiZer Posts: 58 [Prominent Wayfarer]
Between 06:00 and 19:00 the speed limit is 100 km/h. TT correctly displays the speed limit and also uses 100 km/h on the traject controle bar on the left.

Between 19:00 and 06:00 the speed limit is 1300 km/h. TT correctly displays the speed limit but uses 100 km/h on the traject controle bar on the left. This obviously should be 130

Toward Amsterdam on the A2. Aboude, Vinkeveen, etc

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi CruiZer,

Thanks for reporting this!

Unfortunately, I don't quite understand where the wrong information is. Could you provide a screenshot of what you see, please? You could use the Route Preview to reproduce this.

Cheers, Mikko
  • cruiZercruiZer Posts: 58 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    TomTom-Trajectcontrole.jpg

Bottom center of the screen you see 130.
    Top right of the screen you see 100.
    Obviously 100 should be 130.

The problem is over a year old. Scroll almost the the bottom of the page to "Gebruikservaring"

http://www.gadgetgear.nl/2016/06/review-tomtom-go-6100/

PS the title of this thread is wrong: Trajectory -> Trajectcontrole
    Hi CruiZer,

Thanks for the info!

It looks like the speed limit for this speed camera is not changing with the changing road speeds. I'll check this with the team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @cruiZer,

From the manual page 19

-dependent speed limits

Some speed limits change depending on the time of day.

For example, you may see the speed limit near schools decrease to 40 km/h or 25 mph in the morning from 08:00 a.m. - 09:00 a.m. and in the afternoon from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Where possible, the speed limit shown in the speed panel changes to show these variable speed limits.

Some speed limits change depending on driving conditions.

For example, the speed limit will decrease if there is heavy traffic, or the weather conditions are bad.
    These variable speed limits are not shown in the speed panel. The speed shown in the speed panel is the maximum speed limit allowed in good
    driving conditions.

Important: The speed limit shown in the speed panel is only an indication. You must always obey the
    actual speed limit for the road you are on and the conditions you are driving in.
    Hi Aspring624,

Thanks for your input! Those are indeed good things to keep in mind.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same things, the Speed panel is on the bottom of the screen next to the current street. It shows the road speed as it's marked on our maps. When you approach a speed camera the route bar on the right shows the distance to the camera as well as the speed limit for the camera as recorded in the Speed Cameras database. For more information, please see here [user manual].

Cheers, Mikko
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @MikkoK,

I have driven many times in Holland and the bottom show the correct speed.
    In saying so almost if no all exits and entrances reduce the speed to 100.
    Some have speed cams there.
    Plus you have the over head signs that change based on traffic conditions.
    They also have built in speed cams in them.
    Not all but a lot of them.
    The over head info can change at anytime.
    Now asking any GPS app or standalone to keep up with the changes would be quite hard.
    Then on the right hand bar it is showing what the speed of speed trap is and how far away you are from it.
    So you would get 2 different info's at the same time.

It is better to pay attention to what the road signs say then always taking your eyes off the road and looking at the GPS app as to what speed I should be driving at be it over the speed limit or not.

Less chance of an accident and there are many.
    With so many people talking on their phone or texting.
    And I have seem many doing it.
    That is why I have a dash cam on the front windscreen and back too.

Keep your eyes on the road not on your GPS app.
    Let it tell you when to take the next exit or highway.
    Hi Asprin624,

A very good point again! :D

We currently support time-dependent speed limits but not speed limits based on driving conditions. For more information, please see here [user manual].

Cheers, Mikko
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,900
    Superusers
    To get back to the OP, I think the issue is simply that the safety cam speed does not seem to be dynamic, while the maximum road speed limit is. That results in a mismatch between the speed indicated by the safety camera and the maximum road speed. So the solution would be to also make the safety camera speed time-dependent.