Is it possible to change exported type of file ? — TomTom Community

Is it possible to change exported type of file ?

AntidotumAntidotum Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Is it possible to change exported type of file? I'm exporting directly to endomondo and i would like change type of file that Tomtom Sports is exporting. Is it even possible ?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,806
    Superusers
    I am not sure what you mean by type of exported file, it is a direct upload to Endomondo, not a file transfer (it uses the fit protocols to do so). Are you talking about the activity type perhaps (running, cycling, etc.)? In that case you cannot change it, that is based on how Endomondo classifies the upload it gets from TT.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • AntidotumAntidotum Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    In that case what i meant was direct upload then. Can i change it from "fit" to for example "gpx" or "tcx". Are You sure that direct upload is in "fit" file ? I'm asking because when i export "fit" file manualy the chart in Endomondo looks way different than in case of automatic/direct upload.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,806
    Superusers
    Every site or platform has a different way of handling the data it imports. Some take the data as is while others reprocess it and apply their own calculations and smoothing algorithms to it. This second instance will result in discrepancies between the watch and the site, causing issues like you are seeing.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0