GPRS STATUS - DISCONNECTED, tech support phone is closed, I need very urgent to solve the problem! — TomTom Community

GPRS STATUS - DISCONNECTED, tech support phone is closed, I need very urgent to solve the problem!

YurkoYurko Posts: 35 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Services
Please HELP: GPRS STATUS - DISCONNECTED (NO TRAFFIC DATA WHEN ACTIVATED) GO-6250 s/n ZAxxxxxxxx PN 8PL6.002.12SIM.2
TECH SUPPORT PHONE IS CLOSED, I NEED VERY URGENT TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM!
why sell (!!!) GO-6250 - TOP PRODUKT (!!!!!) broken devices and not test before selling?!!!!!
I have to go, why should I waste my time on these stupid
correspondence????????!!!!!!!!!

Mod edit: Please, don't post private information on a public forum. Thanks!

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 11,035
    Superuser
    @Yurko

Do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
  • YurkoYurko Posts: 35 [Master Traveler]
    of course before writing the question I did a soft reset and not soft reset... and updated everything - and still no response from tech support!!! it's been 6 hours!!! it is the quality of just bought the newest and most top-end model for $500!!!
    it turns out that when you connect to wifi disconnects gprs
    but the problem is still relevant - traffic is expired, Camera updates expired! and the manual says that for life, what's the problem?
    Superuser
    @Yurko

Have you connected to your WiFi router since doing the soft reset. Also did you specifically go to "Settings" "System" "Get Updates" ?
    of course I did and was connected to the phone and updated everything, updated maps (7Gb), even the updates come share maps but why the device with a lifetime subscription requests me to buy this subscription? but if I make a mistake and buy this subscription? it looks like fraud
    Superuser
    @Yurko

As this is a user forum, might be an idea to contact Customer Services on Monday to sort out your subscription(s), see my list of phone number here
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Yurko,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, there seems to have been a problem with activating the Lifetime services for your device and your Traffic subscription has expired a month ago. I flagged this with our technician he made some changes to your TomTom account to get this sorted.

To activate your services, please factory reset your device by choosing Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places, My Routes and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive. After this, connect your device to Wi-Fi® to link it back to your account.

Cheers, Mikko
    it turns out - when he connects to WIFI - gprs disconnects, then suddenly the subscription through the day she appeared on the lifetime traffic and speed cam only until 12/2017 - what a mess
    Hi Yurko,

Something went wrong again... Sorry about that!

We've done some changes again. Please, repeat the previous steps.

Cheers, Mikko
    did the reset again, now reports - safety camera: "...service is not available"...
    Hi Yurko,

There was one step still missing. I've fixed that for you :D

Sorry about all the hassle!

Cheers, Mikko
    now it works

p.s. on the phone yesterday promised to help and did not help, tech support at personal request is also not responded - helped only this forum
  • kevonkevon Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Hi I am having the same issues.Network status not connected.I have tried many resets.Nothing changes.I have not used this trucker 6000 since January.I updated every thing today and still nothing!Can someone please advise? Thanks.
    Superuser
    @kevon

Contact Customer Services to check the status of your subscriptions

CS United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • kevonkevon Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Nothing to do with that .Apparently a faulty SIM card.Under warranty so being fixed free of charge.Postage free as well.Anoying but quick to find problem and arrange fix.
    Superuser
    @kevon

Glad the contact number was helpful and that a CS rep was able to diagnose the problem.
  • GabicjGabicj Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi I am having the same issues.Network status not connected.I have tried many resets
  • GillypGillyp Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    My traffic is activated but my gprs is disconnected done 2xsoft resets no change
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,097
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Gillyp

Are you at home ???
    Your Wi-fi will take priority for the connection to Tomtom Services & Live Traffic

If you Tap the 4Dot(…. Menu) --Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down
    Your Data Connection will show... Data Connection 'Wi-fi'

You can
    (1)… Forget the Wi-fi on the device....
    You can't actually turnoff the Wi-Fi but you can forget it, the device will still be monitoring for a Wi-Fi service but not connecting

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Wi-Fi... Tap on your Wi-Fi's Name (Screen top left)
    Tap Modify --> Forget
    Follow on-screen instructions to finish

Log back into the Wi-fi after setting seeing your GPRS (SIM) Connection

(2)... Move out of Range of your Wi--Fi the GPRS (SIM) will take priority for the connection to Tomtom Services & Live Traffic

ATB YFM
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category1

YamFazMan
YamFazMan