TomTom TOUCH doesn't count my steps anymore — TomTom Community

TomTom TOUCH doesn't count my steps anymore

SabrinaDespontSabrinaDespont Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
Hi!
I have a new tomtom touch since only 4 days. I had to charge it (on the wall) last night because it ran out of battery. When I picked it up this morning I realised it didn't count my steps anymore. It also doesn't vibrate anymore when I receive text message or phone call on my cellphone like it uses to do in the last few days. I tried to make a ''power-off'' like they suggest on the site but the steps to do it doesn't work.

Do I have to charge it on my computer every time (instead of on the wall) so it can works normally the day after? It's really disapointing for an expensive product like this.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,326
    Superusers
    You should be able to charge on a wall just fine. I would do a factory reset and see if that fixes it. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • SabrinaDespontSabrinaDespont Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi! Thanks for your reply. Will I loose all my data if I do this?
  • doubleotwodoubleotwo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    terrible product... got the same issue. 1 week old product
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,326
    Superusers
    doubleotwo wrote:
    terrible product... got the same issue. 1 week old product
    I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market (this was widely announced almost nine months ago and a simple Google search before purchasing would have told you of it) and is not producing any new devices (in large part because of the failure of the Touch), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over nine months. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand from a company that is actively in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.