MyDrive with iOS 11 problem — TomTom Community

MyDrive with iOS 11 problem

MusicMan62MusicMan62 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
I updated my iphone 5S to iOS 11 today and tried to use it with my TomTom 520. It didn't work. The phone paired with the TomTom but Mydrive failed to complete. All apps and devices are on the latest software.

When I tried to complete setup in MyDrive it failed with 'FAILED TO SET UP SMARTPHONE MESSAGES'

The TomTom says it can receive calls but data and messages are 'unable to connect'

Looks like the MyDrive app needs an update to work with iOS 11.

Anyone else having problems with officially released iOS 11?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi MusicMan62,

Thanks for reporting this!

Another user reported this a little while ago here. Could you check the troubleshooting discussed there and report back here, please?

Thanks, Mikko
  • MusicMan62MusicMan62 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for your reply. It looks like the user in that thread didn't solve their problem. I went through all the suggestions including deleting and reinstalling the MyDrive app but it still fails to complete the setup. I even deleted and added the phone again in TomTom settings, no joy.

It worked fine in iOS 10.
    HI MusicMan62,

Thanks for coming back!

I've flagged this to our technicians for further investigation.

Cheers, Mikko
  • bigbig Posts: 1,634
    Superuser
    I've outlined my experience with iOS 11 here:
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/connecting-go-600-after-ios11-upgrade-1028010?postid=1188872

In short, a new install worked fine. It's possible the issue is with upgrading, but since this is so unpredictable, who knows?!
  • fatbhoy9fatbhoy9 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I can connect my phone but the traffic has stopped working
  • iphone99_un17iphone99_un17 Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    I’m the same since iOS 11. Can BT Pair, but phone calls only, no data services, therefore no traffic and no my drive.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,634
    Superuser
    The first thing I'd try would be to remove the device from both the iPhone and TomTom and try to pair again. If that doesn't fix it I'd probably resort to "Reset Network Settings" on the iPhone. No guarantees, of course!
  • iphone99_un17iphone99_un17 Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    I’m the same since iOS 11. Can BT Pair, but phone calls only, no data services, therefore no traffic and no my drive.
    *Update* was my phone in the end, or possibly the app.. I had duplicate pairing attempts happening at the same time, even if I remove the device from BT first (would always get two GPS devices show during pairing on my phone). In the end I removed the GPS from BT, restarted my phone, then I had no problem as the restart seemed to clear that duplicate pairing attempt. Did my head in, but sorted.
  • MusicMan62MusicMan62 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    I updated my phone to 11.0.1 and this time the pairing completed including data services so all is now OK.
    Hi MusicMan62,

Thanks for coming back to confirm that! I've forwarded this to our technicians as well.

Also one thing to keep in mind regarding phone messages and TomTom Service is that these require internet connection to be on on your phone.

Cheers, Mikko
  • EveretteEverette Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Now that ios 12 is out - I upgraded my phone and now its doing it again. TomTom connects to phone but cant connect to MyDrive.
  • tom caytontom cayton Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am on IOS 12 as well and the go600 was working for awhile and it stopped, same issue. pairs with phone but stays in a connecting state with mydrive.
  • Jasonh_nycJasonh_nyc Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Everette wrote:
    Now that ios 12 is out - I upgraded my phone and now its doing it again. TomTom connects to phone but cant connect to MyDrive.

sam problem, have you found a way to solve?
  • goofeyfootgoofeyfoot Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I have the Rider 400 and same thing. Am “connected” to the phone but no data comes through. Please can you fix this?

IPhone 6s with all iOS updates.
  • tom caytontom cayton Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I called tomtom support, they were great. Not sure if this relates to anyone else on this chain but for me, we resolved the problem with my iphone 8 plus. My Tomtom did not have the Bluetooth in the settings menu, so I needed to select the option in the "get ready to connect section" that indicated that tomtom did not have Bluetooth in the setting menu. Link to Tomtom case was: http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/account/questions/detail/i_id/37448210/track/BvPSiQrbDv8S~Rb~Gv_C~ySLNAoqlC75Mv86~zj~PP~z
    My problem is quite a bit different. I am showing the phone as being connected. But for some reason I can’t get on the network. It seems like a silly problem. iPhones are pretty common and I would think that if anything is going to connect it would be in iPhone.
    Has anybody resolved this? I still have the problem, namely the rider 400 sees my phone and connects to it but I can’t get on the network. I have all my network services turned on etc. I’ve also done all the reset you could ever imagine which was a complete waste of time.

Please, this can’t be rocket science can it?

Thanks.

Michael
  • James in USAJames in USA Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the same problem, with my Go600.
    I have a new iPhone XS running OS 12.1.2 and a 18 month old iPhone 6s.
    The iPhone 6s will pair to my Go600 and will give me traffic info.
    The iPhone XS will pair to my Go600, but it will not give me traffic info.

The XS and the Go600 pair to each other and the XS asks me to confirm the number (the same number is displayed on the Go600).
    The Go600 shows "phone connected" then 5 seconds later the Go600 shows an error....
    "Unable to connect to TomTom MyDrive...check that the MyDrive app is installed and running". Of course it is running and I'm logged in to my tomtom account.
    My iPhone XS is running OS 12.1.2
    I've done the jungle drums reset on the Go600 and power the XS off and on.

I'm stuck.
    Has anyone figured this tomtom my drive app issue out?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    Call support for advice:

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
  • PeterA2PeterA2 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I am still having this same problem today in December 2020 using an iPhone and seeing it is 29th, it looks like carrying over to 2021. It has plagued me for years.

Hands-free calls always connects
    Data for Traffic and other services mostly connects but not always
    Smartphone messages rarely connects

I have a fresh copy of My Drive and am using Apple's latest software for my iPhone.

The whole thing connects easily and simply using an Android, but for personal reasons I prefer to connect via my iPhone if I could.