I need to know if tomtom navigation for iPhone will work on IOS 11 please

Regards

Ant

Comments

• GoodstoneGoodstone Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Old app. Navigation for iPhone

Thanks
  • BigAlofBigAlof Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also need to know if tomtom navigation for iPhone will work on IOS 11. I have the updated v1.29 U.S.A. and Canada installed with IOS 10.3.3 and the updated GO app also. Each time I connect to the Go app after using the older app the Go app re-registers the GO app as the primary app. I think this means the GO app is using time of my 3 year period. After using the GO app I switch back to the older version with all of my saved locations. I have read that the older IPhone's are using the 32bit system from the original IPhone3 and that the IOS 11 update is using 64bit. All it said was to check if your app's will still work as apps may crash and or not work. Really!

I think that the best way to keep the older app and get an up dated IPhone may be to get an IPhone 6S with the 10.3.3 and install the older TomTom app. Apples latest news is this phone has the biggest battery and may get 1 more up grade to IOS 12 or what ever is next.

Bottom line will the older TomTom app work with IOS11 ???
  • DrpodDrpod Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    +1
    I also want to know if the latest iOS11 is compatible with TomTom Navigation?

• skippingrockskippingrock Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    It seems to work fine on my iPad Pro 10.5.
    But what specific model of iOS device are you using?
    @skippingrock
    If your question is for me ...
    I use my iPhone 10.3.3 and TomTom Navigation France.
    A recent mail say us that it will possible that iOS> 10.3.3 will be not compatible with our TomTom application.
    So ... I'm looking information about the new recent iOs 11 and TomTom Navigation
  • demondesdemondes Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    I've just updated my iPhone 6s to ios 11 and TomTom v1.29 seems to work ok (loads up and GPS works), however (not due to ios 11), you can no longer pay for traffic updates. mine will expire on 9th Nov apparently.

So, unfortunately it's the end of a long road for me and TomTom as Go isn't fit for purpose.

A few people have mentioned Waze being good (and free), so i've downloaded to give it a go.

So long TomTom, it's been good - great in fact. Go is the wrong move for you.
    @demondes

Thank you +++

TomTom Navigation v1.29 is the version I used.
    With your answer ... I will load iOS 11. wonderful !

Tomtom is my old GPS but I use both Tomtom and Waze. They are complementary.
  • skippingrockskippingrock Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Do consider that Waze is now owned by Google and due to the crowdsourcing nature of the app, you might be feeding a lot of data to their Deep Thought AI.

That is one reason why I like Navigator so much over all others, including GO, that it does not require or need a network connection.
    I did not know this important info

Now ... I can upgrade my iPhone on iOs11 and continue to use Tomtom.
  • Jack BurgJack Burg Posts: 37 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    The "old" TomTom app with the last update works under IOS 11 on my iPhone 6 plus.
  • LesleyjeanLesleyjean Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I need to know, will the tom tom Western Europe application work on iOS 11 using an iPhone 6

I will not update the software on my phone if this app will not work. Does anyone know the answer to this question as I have been searching the Internet and still haven't been able to find answer.

Lesley
  • NACarterNACarter Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Lesley,

I can confirm that the old TomTom Western Europe app does work with iOS 11, as I have run it on my iPhone 7 with the latest version of iOS (v 11.0.3).

Nick
    Thank you very much.

Lesley
  • FritsflowFritsflow Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for adding this Fritsflow. I had a gut feeling it wouldn't work.
    I haven't updated to iOS 11. I am staying with iOS 10.3.3, at least other people enquiringly will know. According to other responses it works with iPhone 7.
  • FritsflowFritsflow Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Strange enough it works on the 5s...
    Unbelievable TomTom still isn't ready for iOS11..
  • omriomri Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a issue with application TomTom Go.
    App is starting but can't load map in my Iphone7 plus
    Thanks
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    Call support to help perhaps:
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
  • hydroxhydrox Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Both of the the latest apps for iPhone (Go Mobile 1.9.2 and TomTom v1.29 US-Canada) work well on iOS 11 for me on both my iPhone 6 and my iPhone X. Zero issues in functioning.