New GO Mobile for iPhone v1.9.1 available for download — TomTom Community

New GO Mobile for iPhone v1.9.1 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new v1.9.1 of the GO Mobile for iPhone and it's available for download in the Apple AppStore.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
  • Works with iOS 11: Don't worry if you have already upgraded your iPhone to iOS 11. This app is fully tested with iOS 11 so you can update with confidence.
  • Fixes the issue where arrival times in Australia and New Zealand are an hour late*

Drive safe :D

Cheers, Mikko

* Update: Unfortunately, this fix requires a fresh install of v1.9.1. Since this would result in your losing your saved My Places and other personal data, we recommend you to wait a bit until we have a more convenient fix available. We're very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you!

Comments

• babyboxbabybox Posts: 51 [Master Explorer]
    Don't want to disturb the party but does this update of tomtom Go Mobile IOS v1.9.1 fix the lagging with GPS positioning ??
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 320 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi MikkoK,

Is that all that has been done for 1.9.1?
    MikkoK wrote:
    Works with iOS 11: Don't worry if you have already upgraded your iPhone to iOS 11. This app is fully tested with iOS 11 so you can update with confidence.
    But surely that was the whole point of the iOS GO Mobile project from the very beginning? The legacy app wasn't compatible with iOS 11 so TomTom releases a version that is compatible with iOS 11 a day after iOS 11 was released, especially when you consider that iOS GO Mobile has been in production for over 18 months already!
    MikkoK wrote:
    Fixes the issue where arrival times in Australia and New Zealand are an hour late
    OK, any fix is to be applauded however with all due respect to our antipodean colleagues the time fix is a relatively new problem that is relatively minor.

As TomTom have now fixed the time problem, presumably we can expect a sudden fix to the much longer known problem of lag (especially at roundabouts) plus all the other things we have been politely waiting for ever since the abomination, that's called iOS GO Mobile, was released.

C'Mon TomTom, you've taken away a decent SatNav and given us one that is useless. Please pull your finger out and fix the lag and give us all of the features that we are used to and have repeatedly asked for!

We're not even asking for new innovative features (like TomTom used to do) however I would like to be proved wrong!

Regards,
  • jemkeithjemkeith Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    I agree! The lag has made me miss several turns. Contacts are a mess. Can't see a list of instructions for a route. Can't avoid part of a route. Even with avoid interstates selected, the app will take you on limited access, divided highways. Oh yeah, forgot to add pausing music or bluetooth audio.
    But yeah, winding roads was definitely a priority that everyone just had to have...
    TomTom has their heads so far up their backsides that their app couldn't help them find their way out.
  • Pies82Pies82 Posts: 21 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    The lag isn’t getting fixed any time soon since tomtom haven’t admitted it’s a problem and have released a number of “updates” without having addressed it.

I have now switched to Waze - genuinely interested to hear why people are sticking with TomTom, if you guys are? I have used their products for 15 years but am bored of how little is being done to improve this app...
    Where I live cell service is extremely spotty and I need offline maps.
    When I'm in an area with cell service, I use apple maps or Google maps. Much easier than tomtom.
  • CcamCcam Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    You have NOT fixed the hour error for ETA here in Aus. Try again! Time is fairly fundamental to a gps app - getting it wrong sends all kinds of messages.
    Pies82 wrote:
    I have now switched to Waze - genuinely interested to hear why people are sticking with TomTom, if you guys are? I have used their products for 15 years but am bored of how little is being done to improve this app...
    I've just bought a Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D PND as custom POI support is essential to me!

Like Pies82, I have had TomTom SatNav products for a long time (over 14 years) and I've recommended TomTom products to countless people but with the lack of evidence of any major work on a product that has been on general release for over 18 months I'm not expecting the problems to ever be fixed.

I now associate the brand TomTom name as being useless and not fit for purpose. I will not waste my time nor money on anything branded as TomTom because of the iOS GO Mobile rubbish.

I'm only staying around out of mild curiosity.

I think that a lot of people have already given up on TomTom. If you look at posts you only see a few replies now - even the announcement of a new version. Go back 18 months and this forum was much busier.

Regards,
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

I updated the announcement regarding the fix for the arrival time issue. The team is working on a more convenient fix that doesn't require fresh install.

Cheers, Mikko
  • LarryM2619LarryM2619 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Mikko, it would also help that the team worked on something useful, like having settings and destinations saved, such as in a Cloud; oh I know, like many apps do already.

It does not help your company’s reputation when the first solution offered me was a reinstall with the statement, “Don’t worry all your data is saved.” When questioned I was assured that was correct.
    MikkoK wrote:
    Update: Unfortunately, this fix requires a fresh install of v1.9.1. Since this would result in your losing your saved My Places and other personal data, we recommend you to wait a bit until we have a more convenient fix available. We're very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you!
    MikkoK, this is exactly the reason I want to use custom POIs and not favourites in my SatNav products. You can always reload your custom POIs from a backup on your computer.

Please mark the need for using Custom POIs for iOS GO Mobile as urgent!

Regards,
    Hi all,

The team is indeed working on MyDrive support to allow you to save My Places and sync POIs. Unfortunately, this is a complicated features and we want to make sure we get it right. It's been in the works for a while now and it shouldn't be long any more :D

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    MyDrive support to allow you to save My Places and sync POIs. Unfortunately, this is a complicated features and we want to make sure we get it right. It's been in the works for a while now and it shouldn't be long any more :D
    I'm not sure how long iOS GO Mobile was being developed nor is alpha or beta testing. However I do know that iOS GO Mobile has been General Release for over 18 months - which is a very long time for an app. How much longer is it going to take?

At this stage, all initial features should have been added, all bugs fixed, and the TomTom team should now be actively asking for user feedback for required features to make iOS GO Mobile the best SatNav app out there.

I've not used any TomTom product with MyDrive, so I may be wrong, my understanding is that MyDrive is very dumbed down (when compared to how older TT products handled custom POIs) and that MyDrive won't show POI icons on any screen, nor allow you to differentiate between categories, i.e. all categories are grouped into one large pot. Is my understanding correct?

Regards,
    Hi Privateer UK,

MyDrive is constantly being developed and new features and improvements come every release. For more information about MyDrive, please see this FAQ.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi MikkoK,
    MikkoK wrote:
    MyDrive is constantly being developed and new features and improvements come every release.
    As an iOS GO Mobile user, I have seen no evidence of MyDrive! Everybody at TomTom must understand that MyDrive does not exist as far as iOS GO Mobile users are concerned.

If TomTom wants their PND, Android, and iOS products to look the same then those products must also have the same features. MyDrive is a big deal, to not incorporate it into one one your products is wrong.

Either you design a base program that is platform independent or you develop platform specific products but don't do what you've done to the iOS community by giving us a dumbed-down product that initially looks like the products on other platforms but when you actually use it, you find that it has minimum features.

The TomTom legacy iOS SatNav app is dead. It's replacement even after 18 months of being General Release is at best useless and at worse dangerous. Please answer the following questions:
    1. When will iOS GO Mobile get fixed and all features added so the it is a worthy successor?
    2. When will the iOS GO Mobile project be cancelled if the above won't happen in the next 3 months?

Regards,
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online132

caluroso
caluroso
Jim07
Jim07
johnnythefrog
johnnythefrog
KennerPL
KennerPL
modestoribeirinho