Start 25 "No maps found" - now unusable!

d.j.holmes
d.j.holmes Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
Hi

I tried to update the maps on my TomTom Start25 device last week. I updated it on all the other devices at my workplace easily, although I think that's because they came with free lifetime maps.

When I tried updating this Start 25 device, the download process to the device would always pause at around 40% and then fail, please see screenshot. The device would always show "No maps found" with a message after turning on after this point.

Therefore, I tried to reset the device, and now sometimes when I start the device, it shows a mini satnav on screen, with two white 'sync' arrows, and then turns off shortly afterwards.

I have also tried to recover the device using the TomTom video, but cannot get to the point where the white text displays on screen.

Ultimately, the device is now unusable. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• d.j.holmes
    Master Traveler
    Just to update, currently the device is back to the "No maps found" part instead of the sync screen.

So when I try to update the device on MyDrive, it gets to about 50% and then says "Something went wrong" etc.

Thanks
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    Call support:
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Also this:
    http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16695/kw/no maps found
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi d.j.holmes,

Welcome to the Community!

According to our logs the download failed because MyDrive Connect detected that the file got corrupt. This is most often caused by either an unstable internet connection, e.g. wireless connection, or internet security software interfering with the download. Some such software also scan the downloads which may cause corruption of data. For more information, please see the internet connection section of this FAQ.

Then clear MyDrive Connection cache and download the map again as advised in the FAQ dhn linked to above. I'd also recommend you to update the items one by one and not all together. In this way the downloads are faster and there's less time for errors to occur.

Cheers, Mikko
  • d.j.holmes
    Master Traveler
    Hey guys

So I spoke with Support again and they told me it was an issue with the laptops at work due to security. So I have just tried installing the map on my personal laptop as they told me to do, but still the same errors, if not the progress is even lower than before on the download!

I did think it was a strange thing for them to tell me as we have several TomTom devices in the office and I updated those perfectly fine.

So still No maps found on my device.

Any other advice?

Thanks
    Dan
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,794
    Superuser
    Hi
    Welcome to the site
    Re "Download/installation interrupted"..... Are your USB ports set for power saving "USB Selective Suspend"

Win7 See... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

Win10 See… https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73187-turn-off-usb-selective-suspend-windows-10-a.html
    Click on link and scroll down to "Turn Off USB Selective Suspend"

Also turn off any Screen savers any other Power savers or USB port monitoring software installed

On the rare occasions that I have problems with MyDrive connect, I delete the "HOME3" folder in MyDrive Connect...
    If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom > HOME3
    This removes the Cache, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml
    A new Home3 Folder and its contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect

Method…..
    1. Disconnecting the SatNav from the PC and resetting it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button
    2. Opening ‘Run’ on the PC (click on the windows symbol bottom left – type ‘run’ in the search box – open ‘run’.
    3, type into the ‘run’ box %localappdata% and press enter.
    4. Find the TOMTOM folder in the window that will have now opened and open it.
    5. Delete the Home3 file that is most likely corrupted and close all windows.
    6. Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC and open ‘My Drive Connect’ hopefully all should be well

ATB YFM
  • d.j.holmes
    Master Traveler
    tried all of the above, still no luck
  • d.j.holmes
    Master Traveler
    Contacted Support who said the device needs to go in for repair.

Won't bother as we have a few other satnavs in the office - just won't recommend TomTom again!
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,744
    Hi d.j.holmes

I have asked the customer service to review your case again. Also asked them to check with our technical team if there is any further troubleshooting that can be tried.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards
    Vikram
  • AnnKB
    AnnKB Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have exactly the same problem. I tried to update the maps - 6 times now and each time it freezes at a certain point. initially it was 55% and now 83% but then I get 'no maps found'.
    MyDrive Home is extremely difficult to see as the display ads keeps flicking about and interfering with the rest of the display so I can't select just one item. I was going to try to download the the memory card in the device but can't find a way to do this either.

I have followed all the support instructions, cleared the cache, reset the device and even redownloaded the software but still no maps. I am really disappointed with TomTom. the sat nav is only 3 years old. I wish I'd never updated it and left it out of date. at least it would be useable. will never buy Tom Tom again.
    support just keep giving me the same instructions but obviously the software no longer works.