Frozen TomTom 600 on the TomTom logo screen

roderix
roderix Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
My device froze when updating maps with Windows 10... I have tried everything, on/off , reset (pressing button for 30+ seconds)... MyDrive does not recognize device which keeps showing TomTom hands logo on screen and nothing else... can I force a factory reset? Can I wipeout its memory and start again?

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,726
    Hi roderix

Welcome to the community and sorry to hear about the problems with your TomTom GO 600..

I would advise you to first do a soft reset(press and hold the on/off button till you hear the drum sounds) when it is connected to the computer.

Here is another FAQ link with troubleshooting steps for device not getting recognized on WIndows 10- https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21425

If the issue still persists then please contact customer service for assistance.

Regards
    Vikram
  • roderix
    roderix Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Vikram,
    Many thanks for your reply. I have tried to do a soft reset many times when the device was connected to the PC (and also when it was not). As a matter of fact, I have left the device on for hours charging its battery, I have also tried to exhaust the battery and start again. The device is frozen and when you connect it directly to the PC it is as if nobody notices anything... neither the device, neither the PC. The only thing that happens when I press the button for 30sec+ is that it turns off and restarts again, back in frozen mode with screen showing the Tomtom and hands logo...
    Again, thanks for trying to help me,
    Rod