Average Speed Cameras on Go Pro 6250 says 70 in truck mode — TomTom Community

Average Speed Cameras on Go Pro 6250 says 70 in truck mode

trucker6000trucker6000 [email protected]Posts: 152 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Speed Cameras
I am driving a truck with the TomTom Go Pro 6250 in truck mode, is average speed cameras set at 70 for every vehicle cars, vans and trucks? Or based on number plate recognition?

Comments

• RadosnyRadosny Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Do you mean speed settings when choosing a truck module?
  • trucker6000trucker6000 [email protected] Posts: 152 [Master Explorer]
    On the tomtom go pro 6250 it displays 70mph camera speed limit when driving truck route
  • RadosnyRadosny Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Maybe because the truck speed limit is 70mph outside the city
    Speed limit for trucks on dual carriageways is 50
  • DriftDrift Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    It should be based on the vehicle profile, wagons (UK) speeds are 60mph on motorways and duel carriageways unless stated otherwise and 50mph on A roads unless stated otherwise on the roads.
    Even though wagons are mostly restricted to EU rules of 56mph or less.
    that said even after numerous updates my trucker 6000lte still show the old speed restrictions on some A roads of 40mph.
    I don't think enough thought goes into the truck version especially the amount of 7.5t limits it sends you to and they can't differentiate the timed truck bans on some roads.
    Speed limit 60 motorways and duel carriageways, 50 single carriageways in england and wales. Scotland still old speed limit, motorways 60, dual carriageway 50 abd single carriageway 40.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

We currently only have speed limits for personal vehicles in the Speed Cameras database. It you know places where truck speeds are controlled, please report these as new cameras with MapShare Reporter and add a comment mentioning this is a truck speed check.

Thanks, Mikko
    So are average speed cameras set for cars only??
    So are average speed cameras set for cars only??
    Yes, all cameras.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @MikkoK
    MikkoK wrote:
    We currently only have speed limits for personal vehicles in the Speed Cameras database. It you know places where truck speeds are controlled, please report these as new cameras with MapShare Reporter] and add a comment mentioning this is a truck speed check.

I hope you are kidding!! As there a great slew of "Danger Zones" in France that have differential speed limits depending on the type of vehicle, some even differentiate between a car & a car towing a caravan :( Also the size of the truck. EG
    At the camera here 47.1658919,-1.522854 the limit for cars 90Kph for vehicles > 12T 80Kph
    At the vamera here 46.1995247,-1.0354375 the limit for cars 110Kph for HGVs 90Kph
    Hi Niall,

Please, report those directly to the Speed Cameras team with MapShare Reporter. Based on the feedback they get they can asses the case for implementing this. Of course the navigation product team also needs to buy into it...

I'd recommend truck drivers to make sure they have the correct vehicle dimensions set on their device to get the correct speed limits. Taking care of driving within those limits then avoids them unnecessary speeding tickets :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @MikkoK

Sorry to say you are missing the point, i would say that all speed cameras in "Danger Zones" where there are a differential speed limits depending on the type of vehicle will also flash at different speeds depending on the vehicle type.
    Hi Niall,

It's not so much about providing the information as about showing the team there's demand for this feature. The reports they get are a clear indication of customers' experience with the service.

Cheers, Mikko