GO 6200 computer voice for English — TomTom Community

GO 6200 computer voice for English

ljoyeljoye Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I just bought a GO 6200 in Switzerland and changed the display language to English (UK).
However I could not use the voice control function and the device tells me it cannot be used with my display language...
A search in this forum shows I need a computer voice called Serena.
Can anyone tells me how to do that?
Big thanks.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,826 TomTom Moderator
    Hi ljoye

Welcome to the community:)

The voice has been assigned on the account. You should be able to download it when the device is connected to a wifi internet connection.

Regards
    Vikram
  • ljoyeljoye Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you VikramK it works now.:D
  • JohnlyoussefJohnlyoussef Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,253 Superusers
    Johnlyoussef, I'll let a Tomtom contact I have know of your problem. Likely, he'll add English computer voices to your account for downloading. BUT, since it is still a weekend, no action will likely be done till tomorrow at the earliest. So check back into this thread then.
    Thanks dhn
    I will wait and see thanks again
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi John,

Welcome to the Community!

I've assigned the Serena and Malcolm voices for you. You can install them from the Updates & New Items menu.

Please, post back here if you have any further questions :D

Cheers, Mikko
    Thanks mikko
    One more thing I am trying to download tom-tom my drive but I can't because I am in egypt and the app can't be downloaded
    iPhone user
    Hi John,

Unfortunately, the app is currently not available in regions where we don't sell our products. I'll log your feedback to be reported to the product team.

Cheers, Mikko
    Mikko thanks again your the man
    You're very welcome, John :D
  • Ml666Ml666 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same issue with my go6200. Can English, German and Russian computer voices be added to my account please?

cheers
    You'll need to deal with support to add relevant computer voices to your account. This is a user forum:

Ireland
    1890 812 008
    Monday-Friday: 09:00 am to 5:00 pm
  • Ml666Ml666 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks @dhn

I just spoke to support, all they could do is to add an English computer voice to my account. Apparently there is no compatible Russian computer voice available for my GO6200 which I find it very hard to believe, as on my friends older GO5100 there is a Russian computer voice available.

Can anybody tell me if a Russian computer voice is available for my GO6200 and add it to my account please, as the TomTom support is not able to do that, for whatever reason.

In advance thank you for all your help!

Cheers
    Hi I wanted to ask if there is USA computer Voice if so can you please add it in my account I already have the UK voice
  • skull66skull66 Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Have just been told by phone support that they cannot add the Australian computer voice (Karen) to my English Go 6200.
    Hi skull

I have assigned the voice to your account, so you can download it when the device is connected to a wifi internet connection. I have informed you the same through a private message.

Could you please send me the incident number for the contact with customer service through a private message. I can then have a look.

Thanks
    Vikram
  • Grockle1Grockle1 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I also just purchased the 6200 in Switzerland and installed English since it is my mother tongue where I was afterwards informed that the voice was not available. I have just updated the device
    So does someone need to setup the download of the English voice for me or can I do this myself now the device is connected to the Internet?

Thanks for your answer

Neil
    Call support to add the voice to your account:

:flag_ch: Schweiz (Switzerland)
    08440 000 16
    Mo: 09:00 - 17:30
    Di - Fr: 09:00 - 16:30
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,496 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Neil,

I have assigned the Serena computer voice (English) to your account, so you can download it when the device is connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Cheers, lampard
  • Driku25Driku25 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I just bought a GO 5200 in UK and changed the display language to Polish.
    However I could not use the voice control function and the device tells me it cannot be used with my display language...
    A search in this forum shows I need a computer voice called Zosia.
    Please help me.
    Thanks.
    Call support to add the appropriate computer voice to your account:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • Grockle1Grockle1 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    TomTom Support, please attend to this, it seems that the same request is forever coming up. We shouldn't have to call support for this, it should be automatic. After the person chooses the language the corresponding available voice should be downloaded automatically at the next network connection as an automatic update and the user informed of this. Only if the language is not supported should this come over as an error/warning message.
    And please for many people the default voice like English at least should be onboard from the start!
    Your product would then appear to be more professionally supported and there would be much less disappointment for new users.
    Thanks in advance for all potential new users.
    @Driku25 & @Grockle1

Polish computer voice 'Zosia' assigned to your account.

It should be available for download when the device connects to a WiFi internet connection.

Regards
    Vikram
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,251 Superusers
    @VikramK i try one more time:

Can you assigned the two computer female french voice, Virginie and Chantal or Julie ( french canadian) to my GO6200?

Thanks a lot.