Contacts Sync failure on the VIA 52 — TomTom Community

Contacts Sync failure on the VIA 52

Does anyone know if I can store contacts on Via52, so that when syncing it doesn't have to upload the whole address book every time I drive anywhere? It can take over 30mins, and sometimes doesn't load, so I can't use the phone feature. (It's not a bluetooth issue, as the Live Traffic Updates works at the same time as syncing contacts doesn't). Many thanks

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Giles,

Welcome to the Community!

The phone contacts are currently only stored temporarily on the device. If you have a lot of contacts it may indeed take a while for them to be imported. For more information, please see here [user manual].

However, the failure to import the contacts would imply something not being right here. I'd recommend you to factory reset your device by choosing Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places, My Routes and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive. Also remove the pairing from your phone and re-pair the devices.

Could you also mention your phone model and OS version, please?

Cheers, Mikko
  • GilesHGilesH Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Mikko, I'll try that.
    My current phone is an "S7 mini" made by Elephone (Chinese company) running Android v6.0. I'm pretty sure my previous phone VFD600 (Vodafone own-brand, but made by one of the big manufacturers (Huwaei, maybe)) had similar issues, though I can't remember if it actually failed at any point.

Looking at the MyDrive app, I see the storage is nearly full. Will it help this issue if I install an SD card (or is that for something else)?

Thanks
    G
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Giles,

Thanks for the info!

I don't think storage space plays a role here. Anyhow, factor resetting will also free up some space.

Cheers, Mikko
  • G3ZYCG3ZYC Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I have the similar issue, It takes 55 minutes to download my contacts from my iPhone then it works as true Handsfree. THe next time you switch off and on again the whole thing repeats 50 + minutes to download them all again. I swapped my unit for another new one as PC World said it must be faulty. This one is exactly the same. Seems like a major design problem, Any further ideas welcome, Best. Ian
  • G3ZYCG3ZYC Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    The above is particularly important and the reason I bought this Handsfree model as my 2002 Toyota Amazon Dream Machine does not have integral Hands Free.