How to update Spark 3 software/firmware to latest version?

kessa
kessa Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi,

I've just bought a Spark 3 Cardio watch and it's showing as currently using software/firmware version 1.3.255

According to this page, it should now be up to version 1.6.26:
https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/watch2016

However, I can't seem to get it to update either by using the sports app, or by connecting it via the PC. Any ideas what I need to do?
Thanks

Comments

• Adibombel
    Adibombel Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the same problem and wait for anny help :P
  • deividfae
    deividfae Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the same problem.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    1.6.26 is a staged rollout, being released in increments to allow them to monitor issues. They released to 5% this week and will do more next week and the week after if there are no major problems. Last I heard they are looking at the end of the month for full rollout. There is nothing you can do to make it come faster, we just have to wait our turn.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • PeterVE
    PeterVE Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Earlier today, the TomTom Sports app on my phone indicated that an update for my watch is available, and is asking if I would like to upgrade. Interestingly enough, I don't see any button or option anywhere to start the update process.

When I connect the watch to the TomTom Connect application on my mac, it doesn't mention anything about an upgrade either

early notification, but missing the actual update itself ?
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    The app is notifying you the update is available in general, but it is a staged rollout so it probably has not gotten to you yet. You will know it is ready when you get the notification when plugging into a computer.
  • Bill Steve
    Bill Steve Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I just purchased the Spark 3 and the firmware is showing 1.3.255, how long does it take for the firmware update to happen? Looks like these posts are all from about 4 months ago?
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Bill Steve wrote:
    I just purchased the Spark 3 and the firmware is showing 1.3.255, how long does it take for the firmware update to happen? Looks like these posts are all from about 4 months ago?
    They have frozen updates since all later updates are flawed and break connectivity and cause battery issues. You will not be prompted until they have a stable update to release (trust me you do not want 1.760 or 1.762).
  • Daljitsinz
    Daljitsinz Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I bought it today and the version is too old as 1.32
    Don't know when it will get updated
    And when it will get my Android phone Redmi note will get connected
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Daljitsinz wrote:
    I bought it today and the version is too old as 1.32
    Don't know when it will get updated
    And when it will get my Android phone Redmi note will get connected
    They released 1.7.64 a few weeks ago. You will only get the prompts if you are using a computer and have registered the watch. I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over six months. You may want to consider returning it and looking at other options.