Unable to charge the Spark

ReblesKitchen
ReblesKitchen Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi, I have had my TomTom for a almost two years and have not had any trouble with it. I usually do 1 to 2 hours of running, biking, or kayaking 4 or 5 days a week, often with headphones, and my battery will last me anywhere from 3 to 5 days on a single charge, even when traveling overseas. However, the past 10 days I have been traveling cross country in the US and only a few days after a full charge, when I glanced at my watch to see the time, I had a blank screen with flashing hands. I thought perhaps it drained too quickly due to searching for signal (I was in some pretty remote areas) so fully charged it. The next day, I arrived home with no other trouble. However, this evening, only two days after the last charge, I had the same flashing hands again. I have been trying to charge it again, but no luck. It will not take a charge from several different plugs or my computer (in fact, my computer doesn't even recognize it as being plugged in). Has anyone had any experience with this and if so, any suggestions?

Thank you!

Comments

• ReblesKitchen
    ReblesKitchen Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Update on this topic: Somehow, I picked up my watch and was holding the home button UP for about 5 seconds. The flashing hands became a steady picture and then I received a message to reset my watch. I did so and now it works perfectly! Wish this was a little more intuitive but am happy I found the solution. Hopefully, this helps someone else in the same situation.
  • lampard
    lampard Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 6,075 Retired Community Moderators and Admins
    Hi ReblesKitchen,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm glad to know that you managed to get it sorted out. I've marked your response as an answer and added some public tags to this post so other users with the same query can find it.

Please feel free to post back here in case you've any more questions! :)

Cheers, lampard