Spark has started losing connectivity to headphones WHEN GPS is ON

skoteroverall
skoteroverall Registered Users Posts: 19
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi, I have release v1.3.255 and the Spark Cardio Music and have headphones Philips SHB5950BK.
These have been working well.

But since a month or so music starts hacking when I go into a training mode using a GPS. This was not a problem earlier. It is not a problem either when I just listen to music or use a training mode without GPS.

Any ideas?
/M

Comments

• skoteroverall
    Apprentice Traveler
    I also want to add that I am am holding the watch in front of my face and it the music is still distorted once every couple of seconds.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi skoteroverall,

Welcome to the Community!

I would advise you to make a factory reset on your Spark watch using the Sports Connect software. This will reset the pairing codes and usually resolves the issue.

Please see the public FAQ here to make a reset: Resetting your watch

Once you reset the watch, re-pair it again with your watch and let us know the outcome!

Cheers,lampard
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    This same issue crept into my stored music; the solution was to simply delete and reload the offending playlists. Best of luck!
  • skoteroverall
    Apprentice Traveler
    The pairing works when GPS is off. When turned on the audio gets small disruptions every other seconds.
    Factory reset did not resolve the issue. Same problem still.
  • skoteroverall
    Apprentice Traveler
    lampard wrote:
    Hi skoteroverall,

Welcome to the Community!

I would advise you to make a factory reset on your Spark watch using the Sports Connect software. This will reset the pairing codes and usually resolves the issue.

Please see the public FAQ here to make a reset: Resetting your watch

Once you reset the watch, re-pair it again with your watch and let us know the outcome!

Cheers,lampard

Factory reset did not resolve the issue.
    When GPS comes on the disturbance starts to occur. =(
  • skoteroverall
    Apprentice Traveler
    ToeKnee wrote:
    This same issue crept into my stored music; the solution was to simply delete and reload the offending playlists. Best of luck!

Did you read about my comment regarding that the disturbances only occur when GPS is on? Did you have the same issues?
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    Yes, I did.
    edit to clarify: I had distortion, drop outs, pops, and slowdown in the stored music.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi skoteroverall,

I've not seen similar reports about headset disconnection with GPS on. Can you please report this to the customer support as they will be able to investigate in more detail?

You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • skoteroverall
    Apprentice Traveler
    So, it tried @ToeKnee:s solution to delete and reinstall some music. That did not resolve my problem.

Here it is in more details:
    Watch on left arm, seems like transitter on my headphones are on left side. On right arm Im experiencing worse results.
    Step1) I turn on music and walk around outside => NO PROBLEMS
    Step2) I turn on GYM (or other NON-GPS training mode) and continue walking => NO PROBLEMS
    Step3) I turn on Running (or other GPS training mode) and continue walking => PROBLEM, Now I get distortion like every 10 seconds. Like Im very far from my headphones.

So, cleary something happens when Spark turns on GPS. Bluetooth must loose power or something... =(