TomTom new Go Mobile app on iPad — TomTom Community

TomTom new Go Mobile app on iPad

Hi all - I know this has come up before, however I reinforce the previous discussion.

I've been using TomTom Australia on my iPad and iPhone for several years and enjoyed it immensely. Due to the imminent release of IOS 11 I've been forced to upgrade to the Go Mobile app with the promise of a 3 year free subscription.

The upgrade process was not intuitive on both devices - with account and password issues that took some time.

When it was finally completed to my dismay I noticed that the iPad Pro screen looks like a child's toy. What terrible resolution and display, much worse than the previous version. Big black border - 1x or 2x, what a bunch of unprofessional cheapskates!

I can't actually believe that TomTom has data that no one uses iPads for navigation. We use MemoryMap and Hema for our extensive trips around the Australian bush, both professional and polished products that make full use of the iPad screen. We mount the iPad using a RAM mount and it is very versatile.

No longer will I or my wife be using TomTom for our town and city navigation until this is improved a la previous version - it is currently ugly, not optimised for the screen, and not user friendly for visual navigation - time to change to Google Maps i'm afraid.

A lost customer here TomTom....please fix it!

Comments

• RiberoRibero Posts: 42 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Guy_Australia,

I understand and I too give my vote for a real iPad version.

But you also should take into account that TomTom really don't care about customer feedback. So don't waste your time expecting anything from them if it's not already on their todo list. And, I'm afraid, iPad (and more generally iOS) is not really on their priority list. At the current release pace you may see progress on this area in few years.

May be the time to switch to another product to make TomTom understand that it's not a way to take care of their loyal customers.

Good luck
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback!

The current version of GO Mobile indeed isn't designed for iPad. For the tested models, please see here.

I don't see iPad support requested here very frequently but I'll log your feedback to be reported to the product team. Hopefully we'll see improvement in this soon :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • skippingrockskippingrock Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    It’s not asked much because we know that it is never coming.

It really does make sense to have it though.
    An iPad is much safer to use for a GPS than an iPhone. The big screen helps with being able to use the device or make diversions quickly on its mount. More importantly my kids in the back seat can see it and stop asking "Are we there yet?!".
  • Walker121Walker121 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited May 14
    I agree, no iPad support is annoying. Surely there is a budget to expand the resolution....
  • knoxvilleknoxville Posts: 24 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    MikkoK wrote: »
    Hi all,

The current version of GO Mobile indeed isn't designed for iPad. For the tested models, please see here.

I don't see iPad support requested here very frequently but I'll log your feedback to be reported to the product team. Hopefully we'll see improvement in this soon :D

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote: »
    Hi all,

Cheers, Mikko

2019 and still nothing. No updates... just some post to keep everybody quiet. Well done ToMtom