Route Planning Options — TomTom Community

Route Planning Options

BrianEBrianE Posts: 542 [Exalted Navigator]
A couple of questions regarding route planning in MyDrive:-

1) Is it possible to insert a new stop into a route (e.g., if you accidentally miss it out during the initial route planning) or do you have to start all over again from scratch? I couldn't find out how to do this when creating a test route the other day, so if it is possible, how is it done?

2) What is the procedure for adding a saved favourite to a route? I tried adding my home location but it didn't appear in the list on the left.

I must admit, I found the whole process of route planning with this application tedious and user-unfriendly. In the example screenshots, I tried to add my home location as the starting point for a route. So it then decided to place me 269 miles from home, in the middle of a river? Or is there something so special about that particular watercourse that everyone should add it to their itinerary? MyDrive, The Smartest Route Planner (According to Google)? - If this is the smartest then I'd hate to see the dumbest.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,406
    Superusers
    Hi
    BrianE wrote:
    Is it possible to insert a new stop into a route (e.g., if you accidentally miss it out during the initial route planning) or do you have to start all over again from scratch? I couldn't find out how to do this when creating a test route the other day, so if it is possible, how is it done?
    (1)... If the stop is on the existing planned route, hover the mouse pointer over the route a small white dot appears on the route, Left Click the Mouse a New window opens Right Click on "Add Stop"

(2)... You can drag and drop the route... hover the mouse pointer over the route a small white dot appears on the route, Left Click the Mouse drag the route to the required Stop/Waypoint release the mouse button... the route will Auto Snap and follow the roads

(3)... Click on the + sign under the Address boxes, a new address box opens, hover the mouse pointer to the left of the new box, three small dots appear, Left Click on the three dots, drag the address box up/down the list to where you want the Stop/Waypoint
    Type the Address into the Address box, select the required Address from the offered list
    BrianE wrote:
    What is the procedure for adding a saved favourite to a route? I tried adding my home location but it didn't appear in the list on the left
    Open the Menu with your Myplaces List... Left click on the required MyPlace, the Map will zoom in into the MyPlace, Left Click on Add Stop
    BrianE wrote:
    I must admit, I found the whole process of route planning with this application tedious and user-unfriendly.I tried to add my Home location as the Starting point for a route
    If you have Home (and or Work) already set in MyPlaces, Click on the Plan Route Menu Icon, two boxes open, left Click on the first box Home (and or Work) is offered Left Click on Home (and or Work)

ATB YFM
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 542 [Exalted Navigator]
    Thanks for the reply. However, I still have to say that I feel this application is too basic and too user unfriendly. In short, I don't like it and I won't be using it. As soon as Route-app get the problem with connecting to MyDrive sorted out, I shall use that instead if I decide to return to using a TomTom sat nav.