Calorie Counter on Spark 3

JM1989
JM1989 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question. I have the TomTom Spark 3 GPS Sports Watch. I'm just wondering, when I'm in the gym I set one of my goals as calories burnt. For some reason, it will only ever display this in the treadmill mode. If I switch it to the Freestyle or Gym mode it won't display the calories burned even though the metric is displayed, instead it just shows the two dashes -- continuously. It's frustrating really but I would like to know if there's anything I'm doing wrong or any setting I need to change?

I'm also finding that when I set to interval training it won't let me do this until it's picked up a GPS signal which takes forever and I'm not particularly bothered about GPS anyways when I'm indoors, would like to know how to solve this.

Any support would be much appreciated!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    Treadmill mode is not using your HR while gym and freestyle are. In running and cycling modes it uses METs tables to calculate calories, which does not take your HR into consideration, it is based on pace. The dashes mean it is not getting an HR signal which means you either do not have a Cardio watch (or it is defective if you do) or the HR sensor is turned off.

You should not be using a GPS enabled mode (running, cycling or freestyle) indoors, that is what the treadmill, indoor cycling and gym modes are for.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • JM1989
    JM1989 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    This is really helpful and has solved my query, thank you :)