Search of contacts list won't find companies- GO Mobile app iOS — TomTom Community

Search of contacts list won't find companies- GO Mobile app iOS

GamedawnGamedawn Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I'm using TomTom Go on an iPhone. The old TomTom version would find company names when the contact list was searched, but the Go version won't. Will this functionality be restored? Also the contact list seems to have to be frequently reloaded at a significant cost in time. Is this normal?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,964 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Gamedawn

Welcome to the community and sorry for the late reply:)

This functionality is available on the GO mobile app, please see the FAQ here: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22160

With regards to the contacts re-loading, I would advise you to reinstall the app.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • GamedawnGamedawn Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

No problem, thanks for replying.

I've read the FAQ and I appreciate that this allows me to search for a contact by the name of the person, but my point was that I used to be able to search for the name of the company that the person works for and this no longer works. If I search contacts and enter a company name no results are returned. This is important as there are some companies that I visit where I don't have a named contact, just the company name and address.

regards
    Roger
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Roger,

Welcome to the Community from my behalf as well!

Currently contacts can indeed only be searched by name. I'll log this as an improvement request for the product team.

For more information about using contacts, please see here and here [user manual].

Cheers, Mikko