TomTom Spark 3: brachycardia & calorie consumption

Seeswa
Seeswa Registered Users Posts: 10
Legendary Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi, I would like to know if calorie consumption calculation is somehow affected by brachycardia. I mean: my heart usually does 43 beats per minute. Is my calorie consumption at rest different from the one of a person who has 70 beats at rest? Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    Not necessarily as your HR is not actually a true indicator of calories burned. Calories are a measure of heat or energy being used by the muscles. In theory if your body is pumping more blood to the muscles then they are using more energy, but this is actually only true in a limited range of sub-optimal aerobic activities. The watch actually uses your BMR to determine calories burned during the day, not your HR, so your low heartbeat is not going to factor into it. You can Google brachycardia and weight loss or calories burned and there are a number of articles, most of which indicate that it is not a factor in weight loss or caloric expenditure.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Seeswa
    Legendary Explorer
    Thank you very much. I think it can be the right solution.
  • lampard
    lampard Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 6,075 Retired Community Moderators and Admins
    Hi Seeswa,

Welcome to the Community!

When you're satisfied that your question has been answered, please mark your topic as solved so that others with a similar question may find the answer easier.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here!

Cheers, lampard
  • Seeswa
    Legendary Explorer
    It is, but it seems I can't manage it by cellphone. I'll do it asap as I link from a pc. Sorry.