Does a GO 50 recalculate the set route if I take a diversion? — TomTom Community

Does a GO 50 recalculate the set route if I take a diversion?

Mine doesn't but my earlier TT did.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,350
    Superusers
    It's supposed to. When you leave the proposed route, what does the device show?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,666
    Superusers
    Hi
    If I from deviate from the planned route... All of my Tomtom devices auto recalculate the route (There's NO announcement like some PNDs) Tomtom devices just get on with it

ATB YFM
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,958
    Superuser
    @mtman

Your device will try and get you back to the original route for a short period, while that route is still within the parameters that it was set up with, but after a time it will show a new route to the next stop.
  • enzocontinienzocontini Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Sorry but my TomTom GO Premium X quite never recalculate the route even after several kilometers and even when, after hours, I am nearly at the final stop. Note that no intemediate stops where set. I am very disappointed with that behaviour very different from any other navigator (e.g. Google Maps one) that recalculate the best route just after few minutes without always proposing to go back to the previous calculated path. Is there a way to change that really strange behaviour?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,253
    Superuser
    Hi @enzocontini

Just to confirm are you saying that if you do a search and identify a destination and the unit calculates the route that if you miss a turning it does not immediately calculate a revised route to the same final destination. This may or mayn't involve returning to the missed junction.

Alternatively are you creating the route in My Drive on your PC or the Mobile app and saving the route to My Routes which then syncs to your Go Premium. If you then select the Route from My Routes on the unit the device will follow the original route religiously even if there was Traffic data that would suggest a quicker way around an issue.

Doug
    edited July 13
    Yes I confirm that several times, setting the destination from the device, my TomTom GO Premium X do not recalculate the route appropriately and ask me, for a lot of time, to go back most likely to get the previous calculated road. Recently, going to a mountain village, I chose a different road I know with less curves and it continued for nearly one hour to ask me to go back... even when I was near to the destination using that different road!
    I always tried to run together the Google Map navigator on my smartphone to see if its behaviour would be the same but that was not the case and the route I was taking was suggested by Google Maps while TomTom continued to ask me to make a U turn.

I am very disappointed with that behaviour of TomTom that does not take into account any change the driver should have done: TomTom seems not to try to "follow" driver's intention, and that even after several minutes and when the best route certainly it is not the one it originally suggested.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,666
    Superusers
    edited July 14
    Hi
    @enzocontini
    Is it possible to post the route here on the Forum, from location A to the mountain village B without posting personal details....
    Maybe use a screen grab from the MyDrive Web route planner....
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

When you use the MDW Route planner, is your preferred route one of the alternate routes offered by the MDW Route planner ???

If 'Yes' Try... On your GO premium ... Plan & Calculate your mountain village route --> Quick Tap anywhere on the planned route --> A Quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Tap Alternate route --> Tap Find Alternate...
    Is your preferred route one of the alternate routes ??? If Yes… Select the required Alternate Route….

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi YamFazMan, thank you for your suggestions. The matter is anyway that several times TomTom continues to propose to go back to follow the route it previously defined without taking into account that the user is going toward an alternative route. Other navigators (e.g. Google Maps, Here) recalculate the route after some minutes in order to "follows" the user's will. TomTom seems not and this is extremely annoying because it continues to ask you to go back for a lot of time (even 10 minutes or more!).
    edited July 15
    Thank you anyway for the suggestion on how to ask for an alternative route: I never tried it!!
    n7l4rtpf5kzv.jpg
    1g9aktqbm9nf.jpg
    84dvsdestuim.jpg
    ghyunhssch4b.jpg
    qzda7kxu2n4d.jpg