New software v1.44.0 for TomTom Touch available for download — TomTom Community

New software v1.44.0 for TomTom Touch available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
Hi all,

We've just* released a new v1.44.0 software update for TomTom Touch and it's available for download in Sports Connect.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
  • We've added gesture detection to automatically turn on the screen on a flick of the wrist. (can be enabled/disabled via the Sports app)
  • We've added a caller ID to notification messages.
  • We've enabled wrist selection, so if the device is on your right wrist the text will be the right way up. (can be selected in the Sports app)
  • We've added battery level, calendar and phone connection indicators. Tap the button to switch between these indicators.
  • We've improved the aesthetics of the clock face.
  • We've improved the heart rate screen.
  • We've fixed a crash that sometimes happened when exiting an activity.

Stay active! :D

* Sorry for the late announcement

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• chris-frchris-fr Posts: 41 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Does that mean the update for the sparkS is around the corner and only hours away? :D Come on @Mikko!! tell us!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    The Spark update is being rolled out incrementally over the coming weeks and there is no way to know where you will fall. They typically start with 5%, see how that goes, add another chunk and another after that. The stated goal is to have it 100% rolled out by the end of the month.
  • chris-frchris-fr Posts: 41 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yeah i am aware of that... just a little humour here ;)
  • MissDanyMissDany Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

Was this update supposed to stop having the count of steps and distances in the activities? I do not have any type of step count. The last two updates have taken these features to my watch, and I'm beginning to think I'll have to give it back because it does not do what it promised.

Thanks
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    Make sure the tracker was not turned off in the watch. Go to Tracker>Goals>Steps and set a step goal to turn it on.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MissDanyMissDany Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes it worked! Thank you so much
  • noman05noman05 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,
    I have a concern regarding my fitness watch, so need your help in clearing it.
    My TomTom Touch (Cardio+Body Composition) software got updated on the 1st Sept'17 (i.e. v1.44.6). As stated in Release notes https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/band (given above as-well), you have updated the follows,

• We've added a caller ID to notification messages.
    Issue regarding above is, I still only see notification logo (for Call or SMS). Messages/Name (or number) does not still get displayed on the TomTom Touch screen, although it is mentioned by you that Caller ID to notification messages has been added. Can you please add feature to show SMS and Caller Name/Number visible on the Fitness watch.

Please note, that I keep both my Fitness watch and Mobile software updated all the time, but still cannot find to display SMS/Caller Name-Number on my Fitness watch.

That being said, I am very much happy with my purchase, since TomTom Touch (Cardio+Body Composition) is the best fitness watch there is in the market. Really appreciate that you keep updating software all the time. I hope to receive further updates on my fitness watch, since the possibilities on this watch are just endless :cool: Just keep them coming always :)
  • noman05noman05 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Issue got resolved after I connected my TomTom Touch with my PC today. SMS sender's name and Caller Name are getting displayed on the Fitness watch now.
    Hope to receive further updates on TomTom Touch, later, with SMS Content displayed on watch screen, along with Alarm/Whatsapp/Facebook Alerts/Vibration, included in next software update as-well.
  • NadineAugustineNadineAugustine Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I just bought my watch and did the update , now i cannot view steps or heart rate, doesnt swipe anymore.
    All i see is the time and when clicking the button the icon ontop just changes.