Mobile notifications

cornsnack
cornsnack Registered Users Posts: 13
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
'Love the idea of notifications, as it's gone mainstream please can the mobile notifications be improved so that its possible to read the whole of a text message not just a limited number of characters on screen at the moment. Unless the text message is very short then you have to get your phone out anyway to read it - which sort of defeats the object of having the notification on the watch - I might aswell just have an alert sound on my phone turned up.'. IT would be great if you could scroll down through the message to read the whole thing - then decide if you need to respond to it.

Also would be good if the message stayed on screen until you dismiss it yourself - currently after a timed period the message disappears from the screen, so you can even miss the notification - thus having to get your phone out anyway - defeating the object of the notification.

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,960
    Hi cornsnack,

Welcome to the Community!

As you already might've read about the staged rollout of the new software update and only 5% of users have received it so far. I'll log your feedback as an improvement request for the product team to review.

Please feel free to post your reviews and feedbacks here! :)

Cheers,
    lampard
  • ponch_7m4
    ponch_7m4 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    cornsnack wrote:
    'Love the idea of notifications, as it's gone mainstream please can the mobile notifications be improved so that its possible to read the whole of a text message not just a limited number of characters on screen at the moment. Unless the text message is very short then you have to get your phone out anyway to read it - which sort of defeats the object of having the notification on the watch - I might aswell just have an alert sound on my phone turned up.'. IT would be great if you could scroll down through the message to read the whole thing - then decide if you need to respond to it.

Also would be good if the message stayed on screen until you dismiss it yourself - currently after a timed period the message disappears from the screen, so you can even miss the notification - thus having to get your phone out anyway - defeating the object of the notification.

I really like the notifications as well. Would be great to be able to scroll though...