Update failure when installing map on a 64 GB memory card- GO 60

orang_puteh
orang_puteh Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
I have a Go60 that's out of warranty. On the first 4 computers I connected it to recently all I can get it "Device Not Responding". I installed a fresh copy of Win10 on another laptop and it connects on that one, but the updates repeatedly fail. It might be a memory problem, but the thing won't recognize my 64GB memory card. I have tried resetting several times, but nothing helps. Does anybody have anything else I can try?

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    The max sized card for Tomtom devices is 32 gb though, in my opinion, 16 gb is sufficient. SanDisk is a good choice.
  • orang_puteh
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks! My Tomtom is now recognizing my 16GB memory card, but the updates are still failing. In MyDrive Connect it tells me that I have 275MB free in internal memory, but on the Tomtom it says 655MB. The mandatory upgrade to V17 is showing to be 336MB so I think that's the problem. I already have deleted all the voices I'm not using and don't know what else I can delete. Is there some way to move the maps to the card or something? Any help would be appreciated!
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    Call support to assist:
    United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi orang_puteh,

Welcome to the Community!

Something seems to have gone wrong with updating the device software preventing you from updating your map. I'd recommend you to reset your device and try again. Update first only the device software (v17.200) and the map only after the software update has finished.

Some of the memory is reserved for system updates and MyDrive Connect excludes the reserved memory from the amount of available memory.

Cheers, Mikko
  • orang_puteh
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have reset the device many times, and I have tried several times to update only the software. It makes no difference, fails every time.
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi orang_puteh,

I'm sorry to hear the issue persists!

I’d recommend you to set your device to recovery mode [support FAQ - Red X]. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive. The following video walks you through the recovery mode process:
    [video]

Should this not help you sort this out, please contact Customer Service for further assistance. They'll be able to get to the bottom of your issue and help you get it sorted.

Cheers, Mikko