Adventurer: Possible to View Climb/Descent Offline — TomTom Community

Adventurer: Possible to View Climb/Descent Offline

Lahar135Lahar135 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I bought the Adventurer for backcountry skiing and mountain biking where I frequently am out of cellphone range. It seems I can't sync the app without internet connection and the past activities don't show any elevation information which is all I care about.

Is there really no way to view this? Can this be fixed?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,814
    Superusers
    You do need Internet connectivity to sync as it is being processed on the TT servers, not on your phone. For elevation all you can ever see is the total ascent and the total elevation profile on the graph (at least for running and cycling), it does not give a lot of elevation data otherwise. There is nothing to be fixed, this is by design.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Lahar135Lahar135 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    How can we get TomTom to improve the non-app information given? That's really the problem - this is an outdoor oriented product and that means we sometimes might be outside cell coverage. Some basic improvements for the on-watch summary should be easy and should be provided. TomTom are you listening???
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,814
    Superusers
    The problem is things like elevation are part of the processing that occurs during the syncing. They take the GPS data and compare it against a Digital Elevation Model to correct any bad data collected and create the tables and graphs. All you would be able to get on the watch would be the elevation gain as that is the data collected. It does not have the processing power to create graphs or do any analysis. It would be nice but it is really not a priority I think. Development is based on demand and since yours is the first time i have even seen this asked for, I imagine the demand is low. The primary uses for the watch are running and cycling so that is what gets the attention unfortunately.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Lahar135Lahar135 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any graphing or processing like would you described would be excessive but I really think the developer team needs to make priority to address this, a summary of the information that was available just before hitting the stop button should be available - it shouldn't be a black hole until you can go through the 5 minute sync process with am Internet connection.

After finishing a ride it was frankly embarrassing that I couldn't tell anybody how much we had climbed - the guy with the Garmin answered and that's what I'll have to recommend to anyone until this gets fixed. For running and cycling I agree - but that's the Spark - the Adventurer is supposed for what I'm using it for.