GO 800 device not recognized on the computer — TomTom Community

GO 800 device not recognized on the computer

hobohobo Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited December 2018 in Travel lounge
Hi everyone

I have inherited a old RAC route 66 mobile 8 tomtom think its a Go800. Operating system 5.0

Ok the problem i have is RAC no longer support this and their phone number on the back of the satnav is no longer in use.

My problem is the satnav will not be recognised by my desktop (windows 7) or my laptop (windows 10).

It would appear to be a Driver issue. I have tried for hours to find a driver to conect it to one of my windows machines but have had no luck.

So does anyone know a solution? Anywhere to download a driver that works?

Or am i wasting mt time with it. My satnav works perfectly well but i would like to update the maps but cannot until its connected to one of my devices.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi hobo,

I'm afraid you're product is not one of ours. Route 66 is a competitor's app and we never had a GO 800 model (we do have GO LIVE 820 and 825, though). Please, see the following FAQ to double check.

Finding the model of your navigation device

Cheers, Mikko
  • hobohobo Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Maybe it was issued to RAC/Route 66 under licence because it says tomtom on the satnav case. But as I said there is no support from RAC/Route 66 anymore so i guess i've hit a dead end with it. Unless you know were i could get drivers for the go live 820 or 825 and see if they work?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi hobo,

We do indeed licence our software to many 3rd parties. However, we don't support such products here.

I'm afraid a driver for a TomTom device wouldn't help you with a 3rd party product.

Cheers, Mikko
  • bigbig Posts: 1,674
    Superuser
    Maybe it's a competitor's device in a TomTom case? I keep one of my TomToms in a competitor's case!
  • hobohobo Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Nope my old fella bought it from new. Its a old RAC/Route66 tomtom that there is no support for anymore.