Does TomTom Sports work with Honor 8? — TomTom Community

Does TomTom Sports work with Honor 8?

lucillucil Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,

I looked at the phone compatibility list, and it does have Huawei Honor 7 on it, but I would like to know has anyone got it working with Honor 8? I'm planning on buying Tom Tom Touch, but I need to be sure it works with Honor 8 because it would be a present. I tried to search "Honor 8" on this forum, but didn't find anything about it.

I know that a lot of people who have bought Fitbit devices have noticed they do not work with Honor 8, even though they work with some previous versions of Honor. I also looked at some Polar device, and even though it said it's compatible with newest Android devices, apparently it doesn't work with Honor 8 either.

So, does this app (and Tom Tom touch) work with Honor 8? Does anyone know?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,901 Superusers
    I have not seen any mention of that one here. If a phone is not on the compatibility list it does not mean it will not work, it was just not tested. Due to Android’s constant tweaking and the tablet and phone manufacturers making further modifications to the OS some version work better than others. Plus newer phones may have newer versions of Android that do not play well with the watch. Unfortunately there is no way to know. If you have a local store that sells them and has a display model you could ask to try and pair it and see if it works.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • lucillucil Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, it's not possible for me to try to pair Tom Tom Touch with Honor 8 at a store, since I don't have that phone. I'm considering giving Tom Tom Touch as a present to someone. Because of the other manufacturers' compability problems with Honor 8 I'm hesitant.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,901 Superusers
    I wouldn't personally risk it if giving it as a gift, but remember that they always have the option to sync via a computer, which is a much more reliable and faster option (plus they have to have a computer to reset the watch or install updates anyway).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • lucillucil Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,

just wanted to let other people know that Tom Tom Touch and the Tom Tom Sports app do work with Honor 8. Pairing and syncing via bluetooth works, call and text message notifications work etc.