VIA 1505M - Hawaii map — TomTom Community

VIA 1505M - Hawaii map

LucBourgeaultLucBourgeault Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 30 in Map installation
I purchased the VIA1505M in Montreal, Canada last year (SN: BLxxxxxx).
The device has lifetime Canada/USA/Mexico map, which is great.

I am leaving for the Hawaiin islands in a few days, but I cannot find the Hawaii maps inside the device?

I tried to plan a route in a city in one Hawaii island, but I cannot find the proper Hawaii flag in the state/country list ???.

thank you!

Mod edit: Please don't post personal/private information on a public forum.Thanks!!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,163 Superusers
    For the address field, click on the USA icon and then scroll down to HA (or is it HI?) to see Hawaii
  • LucBourgeaultLucBourgeault Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi dhn

I should do something wrong ...

I add some picture of the steps I have done ... You will see that I dont see any cities in Hawaii after selecting USA icon.

I try also with function and try to see the Hawaiin island details: I cant see any cities...

I think that I have only the Northen part of USA map !!!!

Is there a way to upgrade the map for a full version of the USA map ???

Thanks for your help.
    In the picture you showed, it doesn't look as if you have scrolled UP from the USA icon to get to Hawaii.
  • LucBourgeaultLucBourgeault Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

In the picture I had selected the USA icon.

Here a picture when I use the mode to look of the USA country: I can see only the northen part of the USA country (not the southern part which should include Hawaii).

I conclude that I dont have the complete USA map....

How can I have the complete USA map.

Thanks for your help.
    I guess you have Canada and Northern USA then.

See here:
    http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17170/kw/Change Map Zones

and

https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17134

Support to assist:

877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
  • bigbig Posts: 1,564 Superuser
    @LucBourgeault As the size of maps has increased the VIA 1505 no longer has enough memory to hold the entire North America map. You need to choose the map segment(s) you want when you install/update your maps. You should see the choices when you connect to MyDrive and can pick one which includes Hawaii.