is there a way to get current heart rate on smartphone while running or cycling?

sweetman70sweetman70 Posts: 30 [Outstanding Explorer]
Hi all,
all info about heart rate are fine on my watch, but I find difficult to read them while running or even more difficult while cycling.
Is there a way to display the HR on the phone display?
TIA
tony

Comments

• tt_gttt_gt Posts: 260 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Sorry Tony, this isn't possible.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,723 Superusers
    The watch does not transmit HR data it only collects it. If you scroll through the metrics in the main display it is larger than if it is one of the bottom two but it is still only visible on the watch.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ErratiqueErratique Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Or use an external bluetooth hartrate strap. it can transmit the hartrate to your watch and phone/treadmill. at the same time.
    A BT strap will not transmit to both devices simultaneously. The BT protocols as currently implemented in HR straps and sports watches is a one-to-one relationship, meaning it can only pair with one device at a time. You could have the strap to your phone and the watch using its internal HR but they may not match (and optical HR does tend to have issues when cycling anyway so a strap may be a better option in any case).
  • ErratiqueErratique Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    A BT strap will not transmit to both devices simultaneously. The BT protocols as currently implemented in HR straps and sports watches is a one-to-one relationship, meaning it can only pair with one device at a time. You could have the strap to your phone and the watch using its internal HR but they may not match (and optical HR does tend to have issues when cycling anyway so a strap may be a better option in any case).

sorry, indeed it's not possible to do 2 bluetooth connections at the same time (from bt5 it will be). i'm using the chest strap when working out in the gym. the one i'm using has both bluetooth and radio, so i have the same hartrate at my watch and on the treadmill.
    Unfortunately, even with BT5 it is not possible. Polar's latest HR strap which is to even out yet, has BT5 and they did not implement the 1 to Many relationship, it is still 1 to 1 and very few manufacturers are even bothering to adopt BT5 (if BT4 works, why mess with it). I have a Wahoo strap that transmits in BT and ANT+ so I can go to the watch and another device as well.