2 feature sugestion for the "thrill" option of the route planer — TomTom Community

2 feature sugestion for the "thrill" option of the route planer

AliblablaAliblabla Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
Hello,
I am using garmin and I really hate it. Have been looking at the mydrive from tomtom and it looks honestly really promising. Especially the thrill option with round trip and roaddetails are great (have tester a couple of tomtom propositions :cool: ). The 2 things I would need to throw my garmin out of the window are the following (PS: motorbike rider and use would be mainly for that):

1) Possibility to increase the time of the thrill ride. Its nice to have a road proposed my tomtom, but sometimes the proposition is 2 hours and I have 4. Then it would be nice to click a button and tomtom proposes a bigger tour.
2) Why does the thrill ride always avoid motorways? I don't like riding on motorways, but if the alternative is driving through down-town or residential areas, I prefer taking the motorway and getting faster to the good stuff. Driving through residential areas with a speed limit of 50km/h (30miles/h) is not really what I would call a "thrill". It may be fun from time to time but as a default setting its not really what I would have gone for. I even have seen cases where the "thrill" option is to take the road which is parallel to the motorway, an therefore as straight as the motorway.... A check box for avoid residential areas, citys,

Comments

• AliblablaAliblabla Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    lol there seams to be a limitation of the length of your message...

A check box for avoid residential areas, citys, slow speed limitations, allow motorways or something like that would be really great

PS: what would be really amazing would be the possibility to favourite not only places but small routes and give them notes. Tomtom would try then to use the favourite routes with the biggest notes.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Ali,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for your suggestions! I'll log them to be reported to the product team.

Motorways are not specifically avoided when planning Thrill routes. The route parametres are curviness and hilliness, but not speed. It seems to me that that's why you're getting slower routes than you'd expect. I'd suggest you play around with the parametres and/or add some stops to your route to get the kinds of route you'd like.

You can already save routes as GPX tracks and give them a name. Some further improvements to this are coming :D starting here.

For more information and troubleshooting tips for MyDrive, please see this FAQ.

Please, post back here if you have any further questions or suggestions :D

Cheers, Mikko
    well thats exactly the problem... I can only add stops to take the motorway if I know that the road tomtom is proposing is boring. But in this case I know the region and therefore don't need tomtom to propose routes.... And having to get to know a region to be able to use tomtom is not really the point of a nav system...

just compare :
    the "thrill" road : http://bit.ly/2jdhpbB
    and the highway road: http://bit.ly/2gOPjP7

the thrill version takes 50% longer and doesn't have any thrill only roundabouts, redlights and 50km/h speed limitation. And I had to add 5 stops to keep it on the motorway....
    Hi Ali,

I see that you're using the first degree of windiness. Changing it could give you e.g. this.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hello MikkoK,

I am sorry i don't get your point. What are you trying to tell me by pointing out that there is an other button?

Greeting

Ali
    Hi Ali,

Did you check the link I posted? It's your route but with higher degree of windiness. Looks to me like a bit more interesting route than what you originally had :D

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi MikkoK,

yes I did look at it. In fact I even did it before posting here on the forum. I even tryed the route with my bike before posting on the forum actually. I usually try to test stuff through and through before complaining ;)

the last 1/4 of the way is decent for the rest same problem, but with biggest windiness its more 30km/h limitation than 50. But this time its 50 min... in 50 min you can do http://bit.ly/2wUHSA0 which is a lot, LOT more fun. Its windi and gets you where you want. Thats the kind of propositions I actually was hoping for.

PS: my motorbike is a bit big and heavy to really enjoy the highest windiness roads. Which is great because it means that you really have an option for the motorbike you ride :cool:
    Hi Ali,

Thanks for coming back!

That indeed looks like more fun :D I'll log this as an improvement request for the product team.

Cheers, Mikko