Breadcrumbs & complicated intervals — TomTom Community

Breadcrumbs & complicated intervals

Adam LAdam L Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited November 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Now the breadcrumb maps are available on the latest versions of the devices - is there any chance of a firmware update to the older units to make the same functionality available?

Also - can you look at a way of delivering, for example, pyramid intervals from the web interface to the devices?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    The breadcrumb trails will not be coming to older devices as it requires a magnetic compass, which the MultiSports do not have. The are adding more customized workouts but this will also not likely be coming to the MS. The MS is a 5 year old watch and is no longer in production or getting any further updates, so I would not anticipate any changes go forward. For the latest features you would need to upgrade to a newer device.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Adam LAdam L Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    The MS is a 5 year old watch and is no longer in production or getting any further updates, so I would not anticipate any changes go forward. For the latest features you would need to upgrade to a newer device.

Pretty poor if my two-year old unit, bought as new, is out of life. It hardly promotes brand loyalty.

I'm not one for ditching perfectly functioning things - and there's plenty of life left in my watch.

I'll be back off to Garmin when I do need a new unit though.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    You bought it two years ago but it was several years old technology at that point. At some point every device gets phased out and TT has actually supported it much longer than other do. Garmin generally phases them out after a year or so when they introduce a new model. You do not have to ditch your watch, it functions exactly as advertised when you bought it, so you got what you paid for. You are looking for a free upgrade to an old watch. A company that gives away for free the latest features that differentiate its newer models would not be in business for very long. And again, even if they wanted to there is no way to upgrade it as the trails requires a magnetic compass and the workouts would require additional code and the device is maxed out of code storage (which is the main reason it doesn't get new updates, they just can't do it).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0